Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Manager, Insurance
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
We are currently seeking an Insurance Tax Manager for our office in Atlanta, Georgia or Charlotte, North Carolina where our expanding insurance practice has created an opportunity for management level professionals to grow into this Partner track position. Delivering solutions requires a proactive and nimble approach. A career with DHG Insurance will allow you the opportunity to be part of one of the premier industry practices in the US. Focusing exclusively on the industry provides career acceleration through challenging, rewarding and enriched client experiences as you maximize your skill set and expertise. Apply today if you are looking for a challenging and fast paced environment that provides the chance to work directly with DHG leaders as well as high-profile clients.
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Delegate work to staff according to their experience and capabilities in conformance with the planning documents described above
- Review the tax working papers and determines that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the engagement letter
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff
- Establish familiarity with regulations of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
5+ years of public accounting or insurance company experience in a tax environment, with a concentrated focus on insurance related issues required
- A solid compliance background in insurance taxation and financial reporting for insurance companies (including ASC-740 and SSAP 101) is sought along with a strong conceptual understanding of Corporate taxation preferred
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university required
- Masters in Tax preferred
- CPA Certification required
- Experience with insurance business operations, or similar work-related field preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the tax process required
- Strong research and writing skills preferred
- Strong skills in general accounting preferred
- Excellent MS Office experience required
- Knowledge of Accounting Software Systems preferred