Edible Arrangements International, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Vice President of Marketing & eCommerce
at Edible Arrangements International, inc.
Executive Vice President of Marketing & eCommerce
Edible Arrangements International is the leader in creating a variety of premium fresh fruit products, including fruit bouquets, chocolate dipped fruit, fruit beverages, fruit salads and more. We bring happiness to all of life’s occasions with an array of irresistibly fresh products that WOW our guests. We are the Fruit Experts because fresh fruit is all we do. We believe in creativity and imagination, and have an entrepreneurial spirit that has brought us tremendous success.
We’re looking for an EVP Marketing & Ecommerce to lead Edible Brands, globally, as we expand our business within and across categories, distribution formats and consumer targets. Our leader is a senior marketing executive and digital business leader with extensive experience in brand development, building compelling multi-channel integrated marketing programs and innovative experiences. Our leader will lead and build a team to develop a strategic marketing plan that integrates strong vertical marketing programs and robust demand generation strategies. You will directly manage all aspects of e-commerce, online advertising, mass media, national advertising, local store marketing and brand strategy while influencing our product, promotion and distribution strategies, as well as advising our CEO, as an insightful leader and innovation driver. You will share in responsibility for franchisee sales growth and new franchisee development goal achievement.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Lead global marketing strategy and execution for Edible Brands, including:
- Partner with our VP Activation to develop, manage and execute comprehensive marketing programs while establishing awareness, understanding the insights of the brand and how it differentiates from the consumer.
- Partner with our VP of E-commerce to manage the budget and all operational aspects of e-commerce, including customer experience, digital marketing strategy, website user experience and omni-channel integration touchpoints.
- Devise an innovative roadmap for future ROI for the marketing and e-commerce business using CRM techniques. Lead the utilization of customer analytics, profiling, segmentation, user persona development, and other analytical techniques to drive significant gains around customer insights, retention, and loyalty
- Manage a wide array of projects spanning wholesale, international, social media, licensing/partnerships, merchandising, public relations, E-commerce, advertising, events, etc.
- Orchestrate new marketing launches accompanying a cross-functional team of internal departments and external vendors
- Collaborate with our Head of Creative for design direction and maintenance of brand guidelines
- Manage our marketing mix and individual media to best ROI, collectively
- Managing local retail marketing using emerging lead management/remarketing processes and technologies
- Establish the Marketing Plan, gain CEO and Board alignment to the Plan and deliver Plan results.
Along the way, you’ll…
- Participate in Monthly Business Reviews with all key internal partners to monitor KPIs.
- Innovate from Idea to Deployment, including new national media opportunities to drive brand engagement, in-store and online traffic and revenue generation, including novel testable application of digital, mobile and social media, trial and repurchase techniques fit for the best fresh fruit in the world, and guest and franchisee testing and research approaches. We love being first!
- Partner with our executive management team to develop and build the case for our primary growth initiatives, assess opportunity and risk assessment for growth initiatives.
- Act in the interest of our guests at all times. That makes this simple and very Edible.
- MBA in Marketing, Finance or Strategy required, equivalent experience considered. Academic and professional background should offer strong preparation for a highly strategic leadership role in an entrepreneurial environment. Candidate should have demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a complex marketing organization and external partners, communicate effectively at the Board level, work at the side of a visionary CEO, be a member of a high functioning executive leadership team and define elegant, winning strategies and outline executional plans.
- 15+ years strong, national retail management/brand management and operational marketing experience including 10 years leading high functioning brand teams in retail, CPG or other consumer services categories. Gift or Specialty Food retail experience is highly desirable. Exceptional management of top-flight advertising agencies and national TV media plans and partners is essential.
- Clear demonstration of executive leadership, team commitment and ability to influence Board-level decision making.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing to a detailed, measured marketing-based P&L, with a marketing mix including national TV and other mass media, new media, retail promotions, email and individually addressed promotions, and repurchase programs, all in the context of a test and learn environment.
- Contemporary understanding of best practices in media mix modeling, media planning, behavioral targeting / lead management, loyalty programs, experimental design, retail marketing and remarketing, and best practices in online advertising and social platforms. Contemporary experience constructing and utilizing a Business Intelligence system, including KPI dashboard is important.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply shopper insights, input from creative and strategic partners and franchisee partners to establish and adapt to best practices for these new businesses. Ability to formulate and gain alignment to new-to-world business strategies and entry plans on limited data.
- Adept at resource allocation, navigating complex multi-channel organizations, integrating ad agency and other strategic and creative partners with delightful-but-quite-busy internal staff, strengthening franchisee relationships, and altering plans for best outcomes. Adept at defining organizational roles and shifting responsibilities for best outcome in a flexible, real time retail environment. Our EVP should compete well for ‘best boss’ in the company, continually raising the bar on performance while attracting and retaining world-class talent.
How fast can you grow one of the best brands in the world?
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.