Education Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Director/Surgical Technology - Georgia
at Education Corporation of America
Program Director/Surgical Technology - Georgia
Thank you for your interest in a career with the ECA brand of companies: Virginia College, Ecotech Institute, Golf Academy of America and New England College of Business. We always seek out talented individuals to join our company, especially that have a passion for transforming the lives of students. This posting is an avenue we use to recruit and interview individuals that would like to be a part of our company in the future. The candidate assessment section is a very important step in the process. Please don’t forget to complete these questions so that your application can be evaluated properly. Should your qualifications be a match for this position, one of our Recruiters will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps. Thank you again and best of luck!
Education Corporation of America owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as Online from our corporate headquarters near Birmingham, Alabama. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located.
We provide educational opportunities in business, administrative, management, medical, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market in the career areas of their choice. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is expected to be the highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here:www.ecacolleges.com.
You are an assertive and results-driven person who enjoys taking action. You are decisive and competitive, and you prefer a direct approach to getting things done. You can solve many problems quickly. You are very adaptable and pick up new information readily and learn rapidly in a changing environment. If these behaviors sound like you then we can provide an opportunity for you to utilize your unique qualities and strengths to make a major impact as the Program Director of Surgical Technician.
Basically, a great Program Director is engaged with the students; knows how to manage for positive outcomes; has the respect of their faculty; and, is responsive to multiple requests. They are excellent time managers and know how to negotiate for time to complete competing tasks. They are firm, yet caring.
As the Program Director of Surgical Technology, you will report to the Academic Dean and will have some interaction with the Regional Group President and the Corporate Dean. You will manage the Instructors, Academic Compliance, Student Outcomes, and more.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Advise Students - Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and provide proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
- Supervise Instructors – Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-service opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
- Support Operations – Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Teach Classes - Responsible for teaching a minimum one course per quarter.
- Ensure Compliance – Responsible for adherence to ACICS criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Review Curriculum - Participates in program and curriculum review and development.
- Support Program Enrollment – Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested.
- Support Graduates – Provide Career Services and the Campus President with the type and number of externship requirements and manage the placement and supervision of students in the externships.
- Support Campus Events - Attend campus/corporate events.
- Other Duties As Assigned – Complete other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe the general requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
Your time will be spent participating in the following activities:
· 54% - Student Facing
· 27% - Administrative and Compliance
· 15% - Managing and Developing Faculty
· 4% - Other Duties
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· A Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification awarded by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBTSSA)
· A minimum of five years of documented work experience in an operating room scrub role (may count documented work experience as a surgical technology instructor for 2 years of documented work experience) all within the last 10 years
· Associate’s degree or greater
· Teaching experience Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for instructor recruitment, selection, training, and personnel information systems
· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
· Ability to effectively utilize technology (e.g. CampusVue, MS Office)
· A track record of delivering successful results
· Vacation and Sick Leave
· Company paid life insurance through Liberty Mutual for employees, their spouses and children.
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long and Short Term Disability
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Tuition Waiver and Reimbursement
· Gold’s Gym Discounted Membership
· Mobile Phone Service Discounts