Enercon Industries Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
at Enercon Industries Corporation.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Supervisor within the Nuclear Power industry to join the ENERCON Team in Kennesaw, GA or Palm Beach, FL. In this role, your key responsibilities will be to Supervise an Engineering Unit, typically discipline-specific, comprised of Work Group Lead Engineers and engineering staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities: The following responsibilities are representative of the duties and accountabilities of this position but are not a complete and exhaustive list. Employees may be required to perform additional duties as well as those listed below.
- Products/Deliverables – Serve as the focal point for initial Engineering Unit contact to Management, PM’s, and other internal constituents and together with the PM’s and lead engineers, define the scope of work. Direct/assign work to the Engineering Unit to balance activities between work groups. Maintains responsibility for the Engineering Unit’s quality; establish and enforce quality standards for the Engineering Unit through the Lead Engineers. Working with Project Managers, accepts Engineering Unit’s responsibility of budget and schedule for assigned projects. Assigns Engineering Unit’s Responsible Engineer (RE) and provides recommendation to the Client Engineering Manager for assignment of discipline Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects. Responsible for the approval of engineering documents produced by the Engineering Unit. Certifying design documents as required by state and local client and code requirements. Supports the Client Engineering Manager in maintaining, updating, and executing Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Business Development – Lead proposal preparation with input for scope and budget to PMs. Develop professional relationships with client counterparts. Assist in marketing the Engineering Unit’s expertise/abilities to clients.
- Leadership and Staff Development – Identify and promote opportunities for site work. Identify and promote training opportunities (e.g. owner’s groups, manufacturer, professional society). Utilize the review/approval process of deliverables as technical training opportunity for staff. Provide timely and appropriate performance feedback and coaching. Promote professional development (e.g. professional license, certifications, and client qualifications). Support company policies and procedures. Demonstrate technical leadership, providing resolution to technical issues either through own knowledge or by coordination with Subject Matter Expert.
- Organizational Support – Responsible for the assignment of engineering resources to projects through the Lead Engineers. Maintain short and long range staffing projections based on work projections. Approve timesheets and expense reports of Lead Engineers and other direct reports. Conduct Engineering Unit’s annual performance appraisals. Support management in recruiting new employees.
Contribution to Business Goals – Meets applied time goals set for position/division/discipline.
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 6 years of Mechanical Engineering experience including 5+ years of experience supporting nuclear power industry.
- 2+ Years of experience leading employees as a lead or supervisor
- PE License in one or more states and able to obtain licenses in other states as necessary
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
- Experience working in a Nuclear Power Plant environment and familiarity with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) governing codes.
- Required to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites (expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or marketing meetings. Activities at client sites may require pre-job briefs and walkdowns at the site, including occasional climbing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Comfortable and effective communicator with team, clients, management, etc., choosing the right mode of communication for the situation and relaying the right message.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and team building skills; demonstrated ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams. Ability to assess and understand team strengths and weaknesses, and adjust level of support/oversight as appropriate.
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON’s Defining Excellence fundamentals
- Problem solving and general scientific evaluation skills.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.