Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
|Post Date||09 / 13 / 2019|
Enlivant is seeking a Maintenance Technician at Sandy Springs Place in Atlanta, GA
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
We will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, and fun. The Maintenance Technician performs and/or coordinates all repairs and physical maintenance of assigned residence(s). Ensures preventive maintenance is scheduled and performed on all equipment as needed for the residences. Ensure that fire alarm, fire suppression and other emergency equipment are maintained and tested per the guidelines of the National Fire Protection Agency and other applicable local and state codes.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre?established check sheet.
- Maintains grounds including outside residence repair, lawn maintenance and garbage removal or coordinates services with outside vendors where appropriate.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas
- Prepares apartments for move-in and completes refurbishing of apartments after move-out, including painting of apartments.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Maintains a clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff and visitors
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to work on a ladder
- Two years of work experience in facility maintenance
- Must work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Previous experience within a facilities position in a senior living or healthcare environment
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff, and guests on a consistent basis
- Maintain humility
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.