Epiq Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Server Engineering
at Epiq Systems Inc
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Server Engineering Services Manager reports to the Director of Server Engineering. Strong working relationships within the EPIQ IT department as well as other EPIQ departments are required. The position provides technical systems infrastructure support to clients, system operators and technical personnel of varying levels of expertise. They will have thoughtfully been able to solve problems in the past with a host of innovative approaches. This experience will complement their decision making to balance the competing demands of timeliness, complexity and intuitiveness. Develop and communicate metrics reporting and track measurements against stated objectives. A principle mindset is to deliver the right infrastructure at the right time for the right cost.
- Manages global team of Sr. Systems Engineers, leading by example
- Provide clear communication of process objectives, scope and value
- Communicates timely and accurate information and effectively distributes status updates between team members and stakeholders
- Develop and communicate process metrics and measure against objectives; address and correct discrepancies
- Applies ITIL expertise of principles, best practices and processes to the completion of assignments
- Escalate any process issues including timing, budget, resources, scope and more to upper management in a timely manner
- Responsible for gathering requirements and working with Architect to implement high-quality technical solutions to meet business requirements that are cost-effective
- Responsible for developing operating manuals, build documentation, and test plans
- Responsible for building and testing server systems
- Coordinate resources to ensure infrastructure support coverage 24x7x365
- Ensure Epiq meets its contractual commitments and established SLAs, including overall system uptime
- Automate routine tasks. Rebalance work across time zones. Continually improve team efficiency
- Evaluate team progress against project deadlines and make adjustments as necessary to meet deadlines
- Measure performance metrics. Propose and make improvements
- Measure and report on capacity utilization and plan for future CAPEX and OPEX needs
- Enforce established Change Management procedures
- Support multiple simultaneous IT projects and initiatives
- Maintain and communicate server standards
- Evaluate, report and recommend new and emerging technologies
- Build relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business, help to identify and resolve business issues and to discover new areas for improvement
- Provide responsive and professional customer service to everyone
- Stay abreast of current trends and emerging technologies in the field
- Provide regular written department status reports
- Manage scheduled and preventative hardware maintenance and lifecycle management
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience supporting an enterprise IT environment
- 5+ years of recent experience managing people in a leadership position
- Project management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with:
- Cisco UCS
- Virtual desktop and end-user compute
- Datacenter migrations
- Disaster Recovery
- Facilities management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a can-do attitude
- Ability to remain agile in a fast-paced, ever-evolving IT department
- Process driven with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- General knowledge of Data Center practices
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), v3 experience preferred
- Knowledge of SaaS environments
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Epiq is a leading global provider of integrated technology and services for the legal profession, including eDiscovery, managed services, bankruptcy, class action and mass tort administration, federal regulatory actions and data breach responses. Our innovative solutions are designed to streamline the administration of litigation, investigations, financial transactions, regulatory compliance and other legal matters. Epiq’s subject-matter experts bring clarity to complexity, create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to our clients around the world.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
With over 5000 associates worldwide, Epiq operates in 14 countries and over 80 global locations.