Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Preconstruction Engineer - Atlanta
at Faith Technologies
ELECTRICAL PRECONSTRUCTION ENGINEER
Faith Technologies ? Atlanta, GA
Your Career. Your Future!
A position at Faith Technologies can be the answer to your future career. As a Preconstruction Engineer, you’ll be part of a progressive national leader in electrical planning, engineering, technology and energy services.
Faith Technologies enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety.
We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The Preconstruction Engineer works closely with the Preconstruction Manager during all phases of Design- Build, Design Assist, or integrated projects. This position is responsible for basic Electrical power, lighting, and low voltage installations. Will also require constructability reviews, value engineering, and overall project documentation support. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge or proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, experience in BIM/3-D/Revit software required, knowledge of Enterprise electrical estimating software, and knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) is preferred.
- Industry Experience: 5 - 10 years as an Electrical Superintendent laying out circuitry or 7 - 10 years as an Electrical Engineer
- Software Experience: 5 - 7 years of progressive CAD experience; or Accubid
- Education: Technical Associate or Bachelors Degree
- Applies detailing and prefabrication strategies to the design during the preconstruction process, translates those strategies to the project team at project start-up.
- Leads, assists and works with estimating team members in the development of project budgets and cost alternatives.
- Supports the Preconstruction Manager by developing and providing design, budgeting and model coordination support on Design-Build, Design Assist, and Integrated projects.
- Keeps Preconstruction manager abreast to changes and modifications that are made during the process.
- Provides support to field personal during the construction process, translates the design intent to the field, may work on site as needed.
- Attends site meetings and site visits as needed to document existing conditions.
- Work with Faith Designers to submit energy code and egress lighting drawings for state submittal.
- Creates and documents value engineering solutions; which include identifying various design solutions and quantifying specific cost elements that are affected.
- Assists and works with the assigned engineering team in the development of designs to meet project goals.
- Supports the collection of schedule and production data from the field to support project control functions.
- Supports MEP coordination with other trade contractors.
- Supports construction as-built and documentation process.
- Support development of manufacturing opportunities with preconstruction and operations team to support project delivery.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER
Our employees are our greatest resource. To further promote our Health, Wellness and Safety we proudly offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Performance Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoes & Glasses Reimbursement
- Tool Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral and Mentoring Program (A.C.E. Program)
Faith Technologies is one of the largest privately held electrical planning, design and engineering contractors in the United States. We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World Class Opportunities to Succeed through:
- Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
- Building TRUST in everything we do.
- REDEFINING what’s possible.
- Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
If you’re ready to learn more about growing your career with us, apply today.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.