Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Support Specialist - Heart and Lung Therapies
at Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Primary responsibility forbuilding FMCNA's brand association for the new heart and lung department as acredible clinical leader through clinical engagement activities. Providesclinical and product support, insights, education/training and expertise specificto the heart and lung therapy products and solutions, i.e., ECMO/ECCO2R. Actsas a resource to clinical staff on the proper use of assignedequipment/products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providesthe organization with clinical insights that improve the ability to meetemerging customer needs.
- Providesup-to-date information on assigned product(s) to dialysis staff.
- Presentsformal educational programs related to, but not limited to: dialysis concepts,complications, troubleshooting of various products and equipment, machinefunction, best demonstrated clinical practices, and optimization of clinicaloutcomes.
- Servesas a liaison between Clinical Support and Product Management to providevaluable feedback and input on product improvement and future enhancementfeatures.
- Workswith Field Sales to foster and grow new business by presenting product linefeatures to evaluation accounts.
- Identifiesclinical needs of assigned territory and communicates to applicable salesmanagement.
- Keepsabreast of current accepted clinical practices and maintains knowledge basethrough professional training.
- Mayprovide after-hours support to clinical staff and responds to clinicalquestions within accepted company guidelines.
- Mayprovide clinical support for on-call periods.
- Works onproblems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires areview of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within definedprocedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Buildsproductive working relationships.
- Reviewand comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable companypolicies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assistwith various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- May beresponsible for training new hire Clinical Support staff, as needed.
- Otherduties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands and work environments may vary within each dialysis customer setting and geographical location.
- May be required to wear standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May be required to lift/transport supplies/equipment.
- Travel required throughout assigned territory. Up to 90% overnight travel required.
- ICU Nursing or Perfusionist or Respiratory Therapist Degree Required; RN, CCP or RRT certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience as a clinician specializing in ECMO patient care field
- Trained ECMO specialist
- Experience in respiratory therapy preferred
- Must be capable of identifying, adapting to, and advising FMCNA of important and emerging trends in ECLS environment
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, particularly adept at presentations and public speaking
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines as needed
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, build valuable and lasting relationships, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment in all interactions internal and especially external to FMCNA.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach complex concepts in a simple, concise manner to all levels of healthcare professionals.
- Must possess and display strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of people, particularly thought-leaders and influencers in the renal space.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity