Georgia Department of Public Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker, NonLicensed 2-Chatham Care
at Georgia Department of Public Health
This position assists with the education, community outreach and social support of clients who have been infected with or are at high risk of contracting HIV and/or STD and their families. Position will be located in Chatham County; could require occasional day-time travel, including throughout 8 county district.
Incumbent will provide a broad range of paraprofessional social services to patients/clients/consumers and their families. Conduct patient/client/consumer intakes, participate in treatment team planning, and perform crisis intervention. Assist in dealing with personal and social problems. May provide supportive counseling to consumers and families and serve as a liaison for social services. May perform case management duties. Incumbent may supervise other employees.
- Job Responsibilities
- 1. Assists clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, and other referral services.2. Conduct follow-up on referrals at risk of compliance failure.
3. Completes patient/client/consumer intakes based on interviews with patients/clients/consumers, their families, significant others and appropriate community agencies4. Ensures proper navigation of new referrals to establish care. Conduct follow-up
5. Implements and organizes the delivery of specific social services within the community
6. Maintains contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on client's overall progress
7. Maintains program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
8. Monitors patient's/client's/consumer's progress towards treatment goals
9. Prepares regular/special reports and records as required and requested.10. Provides crisis intervention and emergency shelter services
11. Provides short-term case management and referral services to clients with emergency situations
14. Participate in Community Awareness activities
- Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience AND eligibility to be licensed OR Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of experience in social service delivery OR One year of experience at the lower level Social Worker, NonLicensed 1 (HCP120) or position equivalent.
2+ years in a Public Health or outpatient clinic setting. Previous experience working with or strong knowledge of infectious disease, HIV/AIDS, and STD risk factors, medical implications and treatment options. Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Additional Information
40-hour work week (Monday – Friday), 12 paid holidays/yr, 3 weeks each of annual & sick leave/yr, a defined benefit retirement plan including a 401(K) plan with a matching employer contribution, health and payroll deductible flexible benefits including employee, spouse and child life, AD&D, dental, vision, legal, long term care, short and long-term disability and specified illness options are available. Also, medical/child care spending accounts can be established in addition to deferred compensation – 457.
The Coastal Health District encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals.
A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Administration rules regarding salary
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening.
CHD accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. CHD will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc
As an employee of CHD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the departmentCHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), notify this agency of your request by the closing date of this announcement.
Drug and Medical Screening may be required. Fingerprint Criminal Records Investigation is required.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted via EMAIL by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.