Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
This position is responsible for accurate and timely completion of assigned daily and monthly journal entries, reports and reconciliations. Also, accountable for accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices, maintaining the accounts payable inbox and processing employee expense reimbursements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and key operational, monthly, and corrective journal entries.
- Gather data and complete monthly reports by established deadlines, as assigned.
- Accurately prepare assigned balance sheet reconciliations by established deadlines (includes pre-reconciliations before month-end close).
- Review and validate monthly balance sheet reconciliations are successfully completed and scanned. This includes maintaining the recon verification log to ensure reconciliations are properly tracked/logged by the 20th of each month.
- Assist with accurately inputting vendor invoices, maintaining the accounts payable inbox on a daily basis, and reviewing/approving Workday employee reimbursements.
- Serve as primary backup for Accounts Payable function, including operational AP check processing and distribution, ACH payment file generation, recurring invoices, Workday approvals and Federal Tax Withholding.
- Review Accounts Payable batches for accuracy, ensuring required approvals are provided.
- Complete and/or verify scanning of Accounts Payable documentation is accurately completed daily. Retain Prologue reports related to Accounts Payable in accordance with document retention guidelines.
- Responsible for processing and maintaining monthly prepaid activity, as well as reviewing and researching invoices that have expiring terms.
- Properly account for monthly settlements from 3rd party loan servicers that includes retrieving & analyzing servicer remittance reports for accuracy, then preparing monthly journal entries and reporting.
- Maintain current procedures for all role functions. Ensure a minimum of one other Accounting team member is cross-trained in all role functions.
- Assist with departmental and organizational projects as requested.
- Utilize software (Prologue, TranZact, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Nautilus, Outlook) in daily work. Assist non-Accounting users with Prologue or Nautilus questions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures and trends in the credit union industry.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of financial institution finance and/or operational areas.
- Proficient in MS Office and able to quickly learn various operational and finance related systems; must have strong/advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to understand, analyze, and complete reporting requirements.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethic combine with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Associate or Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years related work experience (reporting, bank reconcilement, and/or accounts payable), preferably within a financial institution.
- Equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure: All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
EEO Disclosure: Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.