Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Relationship Manager
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
Georgia's Own Credit Union | SilkRoad Recruiting
A Business Relationship Lender identifies potential new business opportunities to increase the Credit Union's revenue which includes implementing solicitation programs to attract new clients in the business community. Promote credit, depository, and treasury products and services to members and prospects. Manage portfolio of existing relationships and endeavor to expand their use of our products and services. Grow the current portfolio through prospecting for new business opportunities and identifying referral sources. Participate in community related activities to increase the Credit Union's market share. Successfully complete periodic compliance training deemed necessary by the Credit Union and comply with all applicable laws and Credit Union regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze market conditions and strategically improve the Credit Union's market position for financial
- Implement the business unit’s development strategy to identify new business opportunities for companies with annual revenue between $100,000 and $5 million. Research the competition and generate potential
- Build member relationships, negotiate and close business
- Manage production pipeline and meet established sales goals of the business unit.
- Perform initial financial analysis to screen for viable new credit opportunities.
- Engage internal underwriting staff to ensure thorough analysis of credit risks and present credit requests to the Business Lending Manager or the VP Portfolio and Credit Risk for approval.
- Partner with other lines of business within Georgia’s Own to deliver a full and comprehensive suite of products and services to members and prospects.
- Keep abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on business
- Promote a favorable image of Georgia’s Own in all business activities within the
- Assist in product and service development to ensure member satisfaction and credit union profitability; recommend upgrades, elimination or future development of under-performing products and services, and development or introduction of new products and services when
- Manage, retain and expand member relationships within their portfolio.
- Review and approve all loan fundings within their portfolio.
- Monitor payment practices to protect credit union from bad debts; has responsibility for collections.
- Ensure all Compliance regulations and guidelines are followed.
While many things have changed throughout our long history as a credit union, acting with purpose—whether it’s serving our members, giving back to our communities, or cultivating our employees—has remained the foundation of what we do. Banking On Purpose explains our character and motivation. It drives our decision-making, and is the underlying reason why people should choose us as an employer and financial institution. Banking on Purpose is not just a tagline—it is our mission and vision, both internally and externally.
Georgia's Own Credit Union | SilkRoad Recruiting
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in finance, business or related field is
- Five years of banking experience with a minimum of three years sales or sales related experience is
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, tax returns, loan documents, professional journals, and technical
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of directors, managers and lending
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and
- Excellent sales and public relations
- Ability to recognize opportunities and negotiate
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive manner when dealing with clients and other
- Willingness to travel to member and/or prospect
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up to 25 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.