Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
Come on in! Banking on Purpose starts with our most important asset, OUR EMPLOYEES!
How would you like to be a part of a team that is owned by our members (you), which means you get better rates, fewer and lower fees, and the assurance of knowing that you and your success are what matter most to us.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union, one of the largest –and oldest!- financial institutions in the state. Our secret to being around so long and continuing to grow is, and always has been, finding team members that are service-driven, committed to each other, and engaged in our mission of Banking On Purpose. This promise to our members and each other was cultivated by our founders in 1934 and has continued to fuel our growth through today, which is why we are looking for talented professionals to join our mission! Our culture is one of respect amongst both managers and peers, one where you will enjoy the various challenges of your role, and one where you always be fairly rewarded for your work. We hope you’ll take some time to browse our job postings below and we look forward to learning more about you!
Do you enjoy providing guidance and support to various departments and business functions? Are you passionate about the employee development and execution of employee relations, performance management, policy interpretation, compliance, compensation and benefits consultation, recruitment and training? Are you looking for a place that will encourage great career growth? Then Georgia’s Own Credit Union is for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Participate in community activities and leadership organizations to build and drive business to the branch as well as promote the brand of Georgia's Own
- Ensures branch attains stated sales and service of individual employees
- Lead by example and ensure consistent delivery of distinctive service for all clients
- Partner with Retail Operations team to ensure branch compliance, quality internal controls, operational policy & procedures, and risk management standards are being met
- Contribute to account opening and loan production
- Identify opportunities for new relationships to generate business within the branch
- Manage employee performance and development by consistently coaching, mentoring, recognizing, and rewarding branch staff to be accountable to position goals and expectations
- Support the organization wide projects and strategic plans as needed
- Develop goals and establish action plans for achieving these goals in conjunction with Area Directors
- Continuous focus on maintaining and developing branch efficiencies and streamline operations to be profitable but yet meet sales and service needs of the member
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills that influence and motivate staff
- Resides within the community of the branch location
- Proven track record with establishing and achieving sales goals
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years experience in branch banking/credit union environment
- At least 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience
Travel is required for this position. Employees may be asked to fill-in at other branches based on need. Additionally, initial training occurs outside the designated branch.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.