Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Solutions Representative
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
The Member Solutions Representative is a collector responsible for managing a portfolio of past due accounts. Their role is to preserve the Credit union’s assets by controlling delinquent accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments, skip tracing, and/or recovering collateral; disposing of repossessed collateral. The Member Solutions Representative may also perform specialized functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact delinquent accounts by phone, email and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current and when necessary attempts to locate missing members utilizing skip tracing methods. Must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Support and cultivate strong relationships through on-going member contact, quality member service and superior knowledge. Handle incoming calls from members, incoming mail/email, and correspondence received by Member Services.
- Determine member’s ability to pay by obtaining necessary information and facilitate work-out strategies when possible.
- Ensure member records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed monthly goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Apply, and evaluate regulatory policies and procedures for the department; comply with policies and procedures and understand changes in requirements; maintain a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures and trends in the credit union industry, with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, and with robbery procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of laws/regulations, policies/procedures which affect job function.
- Effective analytical problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to set priorities, multi task, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong motivational and influencing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial services related products and overall financial services operations.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 1 year of collection experience with measured success.
- Minimum of 2 years Credit Union (or comparable financial institution) experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.