Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
Come on in! Banking on Purpose starts with our most important asset, OUR EMPLOYEES!
How would you like to be a part of a team that is owned by our members (you), which means you get better rates, fewer and lower fees, and the assurance of knowing that you and your success are what matter most to us. Georgia’s Own Credit Union, one of the largest –and oldest!- financial institutions in the state. Our secret to being around so long and continuing to grow is, and always has been, finding team members that are service-driven, committed to each other, and engaged in our mission of Banking On Purpose. This promise to our members and each other was cultivated by our founders in 1934 and has continued to fuel our growth through today, which is why we are looking for talented professionals to join our mission! Our culture is one of respect among both managers and peers, one where you will enjoy the various challenges of your role, and one where you always be fairly rewarded for your work. We hope you’ll take some time to browse our job postings below and we look forward to learning more about you!
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance. Administer network infrastructure connectivity and flow of data between internal and external environments in a secure and reliable manner. Responsible for the data and voice telecommunication operations and technical services related to network infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Solutions Development –
- As requested, assistance with the implementation, support, and transition of strategic business initiatives and ensure that the credit union chosen technologies are operating as efficiently as possible during implementation
- Facilitate collaboration between business units and technologies
- Facilitate process improvement strategies through the use of existing and new technologies
- Collaborate to ensure on-time delivery of all projects, regardless of project leadership
- Report on aged projects, or projects in danger of missing targeted delivery dates
Solutions Delivery –
- Issue logging for all service requests, changes or issues
- Follow procedures for defined Ticket flow, response, escalation to maintain SLA’s for the credit union’s business technologies
- Continual review of checklist and monitoring tools, tickets, etc to ensure continued health of supported applications
- Documentation of all technologies and technology processes
- Maintain Asset Inventory for credit union technology systems
- Assist credit union personal with general use of vendor software as applicable
- Tier 1 and 2 End User Support for infrastructure (face to face as necessary)
- Desktop/Laptop/Phone/Printer/Copier/Workstation Peripherals/Cameras/etc
- IDF Equipment at all locations – aka “IT Closet”
- (UPS/PDU/Data and/or Voice Switches/Routers/Firewalls/AP’s/etc)
- 3rd Party Vendor Point of contact/support
- Tier 3 support for connectivity of business technology and Vendor and/or End User Support
- Management of network infrastructure supporting network and communications for the credit union
- WAN/LAN Management, Hosting, Availability and Monitoring of Telecom Infrastructure (Data and/or Voice Switches/Routers/APs,MPLS,Cellular,Fiber,DSL,SIP,PRI,T1,POTS)
- Firewall Admin and Hosting
- VPN Admin and Hosting
- Internet Proxy (access) Management and Hosting
- Monitoring of critical (Tier 0) network infrastructure to maintain assigned OLA’s of 99.9%
- Ensure Daily Checklist are applied and reviewed to ensure optimal operation of infrastructure and application support.
- Daily review of monitoring tools for anomalies that require attention for resolution.
- Provide solution delivery education to team members
- Maintain latest releases for all network infrastructure
- Change control creation, presentation, implementation and transition to ongoing operations
- Non-Data Center Infrastructure Lifecycle Management – asset inventory, receiving, imaging, deployment, cleaning, moving, maintain spares, decommission, destruction and disposal
- Data Center network Infrastructure Lifecycle Management – asset inventory, receiving, imaging, deployment, cleaning, moving, maintain spares, decommission, destruction and disposal
- Documentation of all technical services and network infrastructure related processes
Solutions Management -
- Escalation/Awareness of unresolved issues/request in danger of missing OLAs/SLAs.
- Reporting any issues to department management in a timely manner
- Follow Change Control process at all times.
- Follow Incident Response process at all times.
- Follow technology purchasing and asset management processes at all times within defined time frames.
- Adhere and uphold the ISS&P at all times.
- Follow Access Management processes at all times, honoring separation of duties.
- Assist Security Engineers as needed to maintain a 99.99% security patch environment for all organization network devices.
- Ensure standards and practices for Incident Response are upheld for all devices as defined by management.
- Comply with policies and procedures and understand changes in requirements; maintain a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures and trends in the credit union. Assist in educating staff whenever possible of information security standards and practices.
- Ensure End User technology devices are available and operational. As needed, this may include dispatching to remote recovery locations.
- Ensure all network infrastructure is monitored at all times, with appropriate alert notifications and escalations in place to align with business continuity goals.
- Ensure connectivity between, or to, all business system technologies are operational or resolved within 30 minutes of disruption detection.
- 8:00am – 5:30pm Mon-Thus (on site)
- 8:00am – 5:30pm Friday (remote)
- Remote Support after hours as needed under special circumstances
- 24/7 monitoring solutions with on call escalation as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- As requested, assist Security Engineers with management of credit union security layers including:
- Endpoint Protection (AV, Zero-Day, APT)
- NAC and Rogue Device Detection
- SIEM (logging, event correlation)
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Financial industry experience highly preferred
- Works cohesively with teammates locally and in remote offices; shares knowledge and is seen as someone to go to for help; contributes in peer meetings. Help foster a work environment of trust, and openness.
- Ability to problem solve issues by taking ownership, understanding need for temporary fixes, with ability to implement permanent solutions
- Very strong verbal and written communication; listens to peers and supported employees; follows directions and provides useful feedback.
- Ability to use good judgment when adhering to department and end user and/or member confidentiality.
- Generate new ideas, challenge the status quo, support change and use creativity to solve problems through a commitment to the use of innovative and modern approaches to work.
- Be proactive while remaining flexible and adaptive to the evolving needs of all Credit Union staff.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical field required or 4 year degree in related technical field or equivalent technical certifications.
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP phone systems and QoS.
- Expert understanding of switches, routers, VPN technologies, and next generation Firewall technologies.
- Knowledge of network design, IP management techniques, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc) and encryption.
- Experience with network management monitoring tools.
- Expert understanding working with virtualization technologies
- Knowledge and experience working with Linux/Unix environment is a plus.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Windows server technologies (2012 and higher).
- Experience with enterprise systems architectures and components like AD, DHCP, DNS, software deployment, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.