Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Teller
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic Paying and Receiving Functions: Cash checks, make withdrawals, cash advances, deposits and loan/credit card payments and advances, transfers, issue savings/cashier''s checks, redeem savings bonds, sell travelers' checks. Must meet minimum cash balancing criteria.
- Basic Member Services Functions: process payroll changes and cross-selling to educate members about the Credit Union services. Must be familiar with Credit Union policies and procedures in order to efficiently handle/direct problems, complaints, and special situations, file maintain data.
- Follow proper procedures for opening/closing and emergency situations. Maintain neat, secure environment. "Meet and Greet". Attended mandatory robbery training sessions.
- Perform additional duties as requested or assigned by a supervisor, manager, etc. to ensure the most efficient operation of the Credit Union.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Attention to detail
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Education required
Travel is required for this position. Employees may be asked to fill-in at other branches based on need. Additionally, initial training occurs outside the designated branch.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.