Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Financial Specialist
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
The Personal Financial Specialist will have a primary focus on sales development and member relationship building through the promotion of deposits, loans, fee-based services and the retention of members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Opens and closes member accounts
• Performs all duties necessary to help members with all needs, concerns, or problems related to opening and maintaining their accounts
• Notarizes and/or guarantees signatures, if authorized
• Processes loan applications through appropriate system
• Prepares loans, notifies members of loan decisions, and processes, delivers, and witnesses signing of loan documents
• Attends Loan Officer Meetings and available training sessions
• If authorized to do so, approves checks, file maintenances and performs supervisory overrides
• Provides guidance to the teller line with respect to sales and the referral process
• Initiates conversations with members to uncover their financial needs, cross-sells Credit Union products and services, and makes appropriate referrals to business partners to meet both personal sales goals
• Provides an exceptional member experience with all member interactions
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three years’ experience in a financial branch environment or experience comparable within the financial industry or an retail sales environment
• Ability to communicate with members and others at all levels of the Credit Union, in both written and verbal formats
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software applications
Travel is required for this position. Employees may be asked to fill-in at other branches based on need. Additionally, initial training occurs outside the designated branch.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.