GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC.
Summary:The Scrum Master will be responsible for managing multiple Scrum teams, leading daily meetings, organizing events, sprint planning, review, grooming, and retrospectives. This will include working with managers and teams, both onshore and offshore, for release schedules and processes. The ideal candidate should be upbeat, energetic, excel at multitasking, enjoy participating and leading team meetings, have a “servant leadership” mentality, work well with technical individuals, and be a collaborative, team oriented person comfortable bringing new ideas to the group.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Assist in the estimation of project resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards and best practices
- Aggressively remove impediments that block team progress
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, XP, BDD etc
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices, and ability to mentor others
- Strong knowledge of various estimation techniques such as Poker card, Fibonacci etc.
- Strong knowledge of Agile techniques such as User Stories, Tasks, Backlog Tracking, Burn Down Metrics, Velocity, Continuous Integration and Testing, ATDD, TDD, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time
- Understand the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Ability to timely generate various agile based reports to management and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or comparable training and experience
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master
- 1+ years as a Scrum Master or similar Agile experience
- 4+ years as a business analyst, project manager, or similar development responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in AgileCentral (formerly Rally) preferred, but not required
- Experience in a Microsoft environment (TFS, SQL Server, .NET framework) preferred
- Experience dealing with multiple projects and deadlines in parallel
- Experience and ability dealing with technical issues
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with merchants and partners in 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.
- Corporate citizenship is fundamental to our values
- Real opportunities to grow professionally
- Collaborative, friendly work environment
- Relaxed, casual dress code
- Competitive benefits