Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 22bc9a98-90ec-4828-9f26-64148a27bf7b
Categories: Customer Service
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain professional atmosphere by providing excellent customer service to customers, donors, program participants and fellow team members. Provide a delightful GWISR shopping experience by assisting customers and assuring that products are appropriately placed for sale.
- Process a variety of types of donations and stock processed product in the appropriate location, utilizing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and identified sorting locations as a reference. This may include racks, bins, or other storing options to include disposal of items of poor quality in the trash. Perform tasks associated with maintaining the sales floor appearance of orderliness and cleanliness, assuring that only the best quality items are stocked at the appropriate level and are merchandised properly.
- Communicate policies, procedures and mission knowledge to customers and donors. The Retail Associate is an expert and must be able to assist the customer in our policies as well as explain why GWISR collects donations and the associated funds are generated to support job skills, educational programs and job placement assistance to enable those with barriers to work to become self-sufficient through employment.
- Process transactions as trained and outlined per SOP, assuring that all charges are properly recorded and that the appropriate amount is paid for the purchase. Ensures dual accountability for cash drawer by counting down items with manager, signing off on reports and securing cash and credit receipts for deposit.
- Ensures facility appearance standards are maintained in a safe and clean manner including warehouse, processing and donor areas, team member and customer restrooms and team member break areas. May also assist with outdoor building and parking lot area recovery.
- Ensures facility and materials are maintained in the appropriate manner using safe work techniques and proper operational methods.
- Cross train in all facets of store operations by performing work at all work stations and passing the task outlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, any projects assigned for developmental purposes.
Requirements Education & Experience
- Ability to operate a hand held device
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills - Maintain self-control and deal effectively with public and work in cooperation with co-workers.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, approachable,
- Productive - efficient,
- Perform routine work, adapting to change as it relates to work flow
- Ability to tactfully explain decisions or present information clearly, as it pertains to store policies.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform opening/closing procedures, cash register operation and related paperwork quickly and accurately as they pertain to store operations.
- Ability to coordinate hand-eye-foot movements to safely handle and/or move merchandise to minimize damage, eliminating hazards and accidents/injuries.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to examine items and visually differentiate between them based on quality standards