Goodwill of North Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Coach - Smyrna
at Goodwill of North Georgia
Are you a person who loves to provide others with on-the-job training and assistance in managing their career? Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
What we’re looking for:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Higher education course in a counseling-related field that may include but is not limited to rehabilitation, education, special education, social work or psychology
- 2 or more years of experience working in as a Job Coach of persons with disabilities or closely related experience.
- Working knowledge of current industry trends and practices, including competitive standards for job performance, readiness, retention, and advancement.
- Good knowledge of training practices and methods, including formal and/or on-the-job training, selection of materials, competency testing and curriculum design.
- Strong working knowledge of job coaching; of medical, psychological, social and vocational aspects of disability and/or disadvantaging conditions; and of community resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to facilitate positive actions and growth of participants in a flexible geographic environment where self-directions,prioritizing and organizational skills will be crucial to success.
- Ability to provide positive support and guidance in a flexible geographic environment that is open to the public.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment, patience and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 20lbs with or without accommodations and also be able to meet all physical requirements to perform all duties relating to Career Services, which may include driving, material handling, transport and carrying of documents, handbooks and various supplies.
- Must be able to safely operate a vehicle and hold a valid driver’s
What you’ll be doing:
As a Job Coach you will provide coaching services to participants in support of the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia and Career Services. Last year Goodwill of North Georgia helped put 20,000 people to work and we want this year to be even better!
You will also work on a flexible schedule in different locations, facilitating access to employment, self-employment, and community resources in support of Economic Development and Career Center’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
Does this sound like a place for you? If so, please apply today. Our process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once you do, our recruiting team will reach out to you within a few days. Thank you for your time and your interest in Goodwill of North Georgia.
Goodwill of North Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Goodwill to consider applicants based solely on qualifications and merit; without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.