Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Job Status: Full-Time/Regular
Job Reference #: 7625
- Ability to review and perform quality checks for damage and non-conforming product
- Perform fast paced duties to ensure machines are fully loaded and properly operational
- Ensures new stock is delivered in a timely manner to keep the machine running and to watch for machine jams.
- Perform in-Process inspections by visually inspecting cartons as they are loaded into the machine.
- Assist the Operator in running quality cartons to customer specifications at the fastest possible speed.
- Visually inspect cartons before feeding to ensure that the proper item is being fed and that there are no noticeably defective cartons being fed.
- Perform checks for all defects, damaged cartons, and mixing. The Feeder should feed by die position whenever possible.
- Facilitate proper positioning of cartons in the feed hopper by fanning out or pre-breaking scores as necessary to ensure that cartons are being pulled through feed properly.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the Operator, Department Manager, or Management Team.
- Assist Operators during machine down time for clean-up and resolution
- Performs other related productions duties as assigned by the Finishing Manager or Management.
- High School equivalent/GED
- Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- 2 - 5 years of supervisor experience in manufacturing required.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma continuing education preferred.
- Technical and problem solving skills.
- Must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.