Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Commodity Procurement - Mill Raw Materials
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
The Manager of Commodity Procurement position requires the development of effective sourcing strategies for the company's commodities at the lowest total cost of ownership. This position is responsible for creating a corporate wide planning, management, and reporting program for the commodities under management. Routinely updates and presents to supply chain leadership inflation and savings assumptions for commodity including long range planning projections. Will lead the cross functional team including facility buyers, purchasing managers, logistics managers and Supply Chain legal resources for material contracts while ensuring availability, service and quality needs are met. Develops, implements, and administers policies, procedures and systems by which the Company’s raw materials’ supply base is managed. Proactively evaluates, identifies and leads meaningful continuous improvement of the procurement organization’s policies, procedures and systems.
- Achieve year over year cost savings for raw materials while maintaining surety of supply.
- Updates and presents inflation and savings assumptions for forecasting and strategic planning.
- Develops and implements an optimization cost model for raw materials procurement to be used company-wide.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for delivered cost, inventory, payment terms and cost reduction initiatives.
- Evaluates and analyzes raw material procurement practices and implements Best Demonstrated Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and develop the supply base to ensure availability of quality materials in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish criteria and strategy for negotiations with suppliers.
- Follow the Strategic Procurement Initiative process to drive purchased items towards common specifications and increase supplier competition.
- Review commodity analyst reports for data integrity and validity of assumptions.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Supplier Management Program.
- Monitor supply/demand activity for key commodities.
- Proficient with the use of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Sourcing Systems, preferably SAP-ECC.
- Lead the development and maintenance of raw material resource plans for key commodities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to Supply Chain finance team regarding Strategic Procurement Initiatives (SPIs) and synergy projects, inflationary costs and budget assumptions.
- Effective and frequent communication regarding project updates to Supply Chain management including routine issues affecting the organization.
- Carry out all policies and achieve objectives as directed by the Director of Mill Chemicals & Wood.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement, Operations, or Engineering &Maintenance Management
- Category management experience in paper mill raw materials; such as wood, process chemicals, starch, GCC, clay, caustic, bleach and/or secondary fiber
- Availability to travel 25-50%
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must have advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of ERP (e.g., SAP, TM1, and Hyperion) systems.
- Ability to work independently and to supervise the work of others.
- Detail and multi-task oriented.
Applicants must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.