Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Supervisor – Various USA Locations (Military Veteran Talent Pool)
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
- Supervises workers engaged in layout and machine operating to process job orders by performing the following duties.
- Requisitions material required to meet production goals.
- Examines items produced to determine if items meet specifications.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for the verification of SQF controls and meeting the standards of the SQF requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Manage employee relations issues; Champion Safety and hold employees accountable.
- Spanish/English helpful but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
- Associates Degree; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, must be able to accommodate.