GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
This CRE Portfolio Manager position is for a commercial real estate finance portfolio manager tasked with managing an assigned portfolio of commercial mortgage loans held for investment by Guggenheim affiliated life insurance companies and other clients. Guggenheim’s commercial mortgage servicing portfolio includes loans collateralized by various types of commercial real estate and includes a small portfolio of construction/short-term Bridge loans. The CRE PM will work closely with lenders, sub-servicers, borrowers, and other internal/external customers to effectively manage the performance and risk management of their assigned portfolio. Primary focus for this position will be managing the Construction/Bridge portfolio which are primary serviced by third-party sub-servicers. The CRE PM will also be responsible for managing their sub-servicer relationships, assuring their compliance with Guggenheim’s standards and expectations. The individual in this position will be a member on a team of portfolio managers.
The position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Asset Management: Responsible for the analysis, recommendation and approval of various Borrower Requests. Borrower Requests include, but are not limited to the following: Assumptions, Modifications, Partial Releases, Easements, Condemnations, Other Collateral Releases, Lease Reviews, Cash Collateral/Reserve Releases, and SNDA’s.
- Asset/Borrower Surveillance: Responsible for managing the procurement, analysis and reporting of surveillance data for the assigned portfolio of CRE loans. Surveillance data includes, but is not limited to, procuring/analyzing Operating Statements, Property Inspections, Rent Rolls and Borrower/Guarantor Financials.
- Construction/Bridge Loan Management: Responsible for the day to day management of Bridge and Construction loans including the review and approval of draw requests, budget and asset performance oversight, and monitoring project completion and stabilization.
- Risk Management:
- Loan Level - Monitor loan performance relative to original underwriting in support of the watch list, loan pricing and risk rating processes. Also, monitor loan covenants, overall borrower performance and construction/asset stabilization.
- Portfolio Level – Portfolio-Level Investor Reporting; Monitor/report portfolio exposures/concentrations (i.e. property type, geographic, sponsor, maturity, etc.). Also, as applicable, disaster exposure reporting (i.e. storms, earthquake, flood, etc.)
- Loan Administration: Responsible for managing the general loan administration functions (performed by a sub-servicer) including payment processing/remitting, cashiering, tax and insurance monitoring, new loan boarding and loan payoffs.
- Relationship Management: Responsible for building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with internal and external clients. Effective communication and a collaborative approach are key ingredients to success in this role.
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Prepared to be challenged in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in finance with a concentration in real estate or other related business field is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in commercial real estate operating statement analysis, underwriting, construction loan administration, asset resolution or complex commercial loan servicing desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Experience with the Enterprise Loan Management System, Rockport and other commercial real estate analysis applications would be a plus
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $305 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,300 professionals worldwide as of December 31, 2017, based in over 25 offices in six countries and headquarters in New York and Chicago. Our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1(Assets under management are as of 12.31.2017 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $66bn.)
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.