Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Relationship Consultant - Information Technology Services
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
The Grade for this position is 107.
The Business Relationship Consultant within the Information Technology Services Organization is responsible for driving business process innovation within county departments by utilizing creative business and IT solutions that enable the county to achieve its business objectives. This position reports to the Deputy Director, Business Strategic Services and is a key member of the Project Management Office Team.
The Department of Information Technology Services consists of five Divisions: Enterprise Applications/Development, Infrastructure/Operations, Fiscal/Administrative, Information Security, and Business Strategic Services.
Gwinnett County departments and agencies are challenged more than ever to drive innovation, to operate efficiently, to deliver cost-effective, robust solutions, to protect assets, and to position the County for the future. The Department of Information Technology Services is a strategic partner with the business units in making solid investments to meet these obligations as they relate to our specific areas of responsibility.
Job Description and Specific Activities:
- Partner with senior business leaders including Department Directors and their teams to deeply understand strategic and tactical business objectives
- Work with IT Leadership to create and implement business strategies that leverage and integrate IT strategy of architecture, infrastructure, and application development of existing and new technology to achieve business objectives
- Work with business clients to define current and desired future state operating models and business capability roadmaps
- Lead development of financial models indicating the investment required and estimated benefits
- Advocate and lead business process focus. Support those in the utilizing various tools such as mapping, modeling, workflow analysis, gap analysis, and use cases
- Align business unit and county needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities
- Represent business needs in the identification and prioritization of IT performance improvement opportunities
- Author Charters for proposed projects
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking of candidate technology solutions
- Through participation in Governance committees, ensure overall execution of the project portfolios and capability roadmap realization, and measure the quality and business value of IT investments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Point of escalation in the event services are not meeting expected outcomes
- Establish and maintain effective communication and engagement with appropriate executives and managers to ensure that proper information technology needs are met including the management of client expectations
- Minimum BS in Computer Information Systems, Business or related discipline
- Project management principles
- 8+ years of related IT and/ or consulting experience managing complex IT projects in medium to large size environments
- Strong consultative/client facing skills
- Business case developments emphasizing financial analysis and modeling
- Valid Driver's License from state of residency
The preferred candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Broad understanding of Information Technology platforms and processes including ITIL as well as knowledge of change management
- Proven ability to develop and communicate an IT strategy incorporating multiple methods of documenting and presenting strategy to the supporting business
- Experience preparing and presenting quantitative business cases (i.e. cost and benefits analysis) supporting IT initiatives
- Experience performing business problem analysis, process modeling and mapping, workflow analysis, use cases, blue printing, system design methods, and other useful techniques aimed at business understanding
- Possess a refined and mature ability to work with and understand business needs via conversation and interaction with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions to improve business performance
- Experience effectively leading teams to deliver results
- Broad business knowledge of technology and government
Preferred Training and Skills:
- MBA, PMP, Six-Sigma or related degree and/or certification
- Project management process, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of technology trends and developments
- Background in business and systems analysis
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to interact, communicate and relate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong management and organizational skills
For information related to position-specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical Requirements, click here.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
- Benefits Offered
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
* Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
* If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan