Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elections Poll Official - Community Services
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
Gwinnett County is currently recruiting for poll officials to work upcoming elections. This position is only available during election periods. Candidates will not be hired until an election is scheduled.
Gwinnett County Voter Registrations and Elections is responsible for planning and organizing all elections and voter-related activities and assists Gwinnett's cities and special districts with election preparations. The division is comprised of staff who are proud to be part of a team that works together to assure that every vote counts.
We need dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, who are willing to take direction and who are detail oriented. You also should be patient and enjoy working with people.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Gwinnett County or an employee of the Gwinnett County Government. (not Board of Education) Will be required to provide original documentation as proof;
- Applicants for Poll Manager and Assistant Poll Manager must be a registered voter in Gwinnett County;
- Must be Judicious and Intelligent
- 16 years of age or older;
- Able to read, write and speak the English language;
- Shall have never been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude unless such person's civil rights have been restored and at least ten years have elapsed from the date of the completion of the sentence without a subsequent conviction;
- Shall not be a candidate for or holder of public office, while serving as a poll official;
- Shall not be a parent, spouse, child, brother, sister, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law of a candidate who is on the ballot in that precinct
- Have transportation to and from the polling place and training classes
- Must have an email address and access to the internet for online training
- May be required to attend an in person training class, if working at a polling location;
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. and a maximum of 46 lbs;
- Must be capable of conducting fair and unbiased efficient elections for the qualified voters of Gwinnett County.
- $75.00 - $300.00 Stipend; depends on the position. (See below.)
- At the polling locations, Election Days are approximately 14 hour days.
- You must report to your assigned polling location by 6:00am and remain until all voters have left and closing procedures are completed.
- You cannot leave the polling location during an Election Day.
ELECTION DAY POLL OFFICIALS WORKING AT POLLING LOCATIONS
- Clerk pay scale: $105.00 per Election; $15.00 for completion of online training, and $25.00 for clerks who are required to complete additional in person classroom training.
- Clerks report to the Poll Manager; Must be accessible to Poll Manager and Election office staff; May serve as an Assistant Manager in the event of an emergency; Duties to be assigned by the Poll Manager.
- On Monday, prior to Election Day, you may be required to help set up polling location.
- On Election Day, after everyone in the line has voted, you must help the Managerial staff repack the paperwork and equipment. You may leave only when your Poll Manager has dismissed you.
- Clerks who have received in person classroom training on how to issue ballots, must be prepared to assume Assistant Manager responsibilities, at the request of the elections office staff or in the event that the Assistant Manager is unavailable to work on Election Day.
Assistant Poll Manager Responsibilities:
- Assistant Poll Manager Pay Scale: $140.00 per Election; $25.00 for completion of online training, and $50.00 for completion of in person classroom training.
- In the absence of the Poll Manager, Assistant Manager assumes all responsibility for the operations and management of the poll; Ability to recruit and train workers; Accessible to Poll Manager, Area Manager and election office staff; Assists Poll Manager, as directed.
- On Election Day, you will assist the Poll Manager to ensure that problems or questions are handled in an efficient and orderly manner. After everyone in line has voted, you must assist the Poll Manager with reporting, repacking and, if needed, transporting the paperwork and equipment back to the election office to be checked in.
- An Assistant Manager must be prepared to assume Poll Manager responsibilities at the request of the elections office staff or in the event that the Poll Manager is unavailable to work on Election Day.
- Poll Manager Pay Scale: $225.00 per Election; $25.00 for completion of online training, and $50.00 for completion of in person classroom training.
- Must have reliable transportation capable of carrying supplies needed for an election; Accessible to Area Managers and Election Office staff; Serves as Chief Election Official at the poll; Ability to recruit Poll Officials (clerical staff) in sufficient numbers to operate poll and ensures that they are trained, as required by law; Coordinates and arranges the details for the setup of polling location with facility staff; Picks up and returns election supplies as specified; Ensures strict and rigid accountability of every ballot, all Official Election equipment and supplies; Ensures that no Poll Official leaves the polling location while the poll is open.
- In this position you will be responsible for recruiting poll officials to staff polling location.
- Poll Manager is responsible for forwarding pertinent information to all staff; notifying staff of in person training class dates and times; and registering poll officials who are required to attend in person training.
- Poll Manager is responsible for ensuring all poll officials are assigned and complete training before the deadline, as required by law.
- Prior to each election, you must be able to pick up election supplies from the Election Office (located in Lawrenceville)and to be set up at the polling location on Monday, before Election Day.
- On Election Day, after the voting occurs, you and one other Poll Official must transport the paperwork and election supplies back to the Elections Office to be checked in.
ELECTION DAY or NIGHT WORKERS at Elections Office
- Election Day or Night Worker pay scale is: $75.00 per Election Day or Night
- A variety of job opportunities are available in the Elections Office on Election Day and Election Night.