Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT GIS Administrator
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
GIS Administrator – Land Information Solutions
The Grade for this position is for Grade C44(1). Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Department Information: The Department of Information Technology Services consists of five Divisions, Enterprise Applications/Development, Infrastructure/Operations, Information Security, Fiscal/Administrative and Business Strategic Services.
Division Information: The Enterprise Applications/Development Division has the overall responsibility for:
- Business Solutions – Software support and maintenance for various applications such as document management, fleet maintenance, tax appraisal & billing, and database administration.
- ERP Solutions - Provides development, maintenance and support activities for all SAP based business applications.
- Land Information Solutions - Development and support of appropriate data sets and applications to support mapping services for Gwinnett County.
- Public Safety Solutions – Software support and maintenance for various applications related to court and law enforcement functions.
- Web Solutions – Development and support of internet and intranet applications.
Responsible for maintaining Geographical Information Systems for access by multiple users. Incumbents develop new and maintain existing systems, perform data administration, edit data layers, establish and maintain test environments and serve as a lead and a project manager. Incumbents also troubleshoot GIS user's problems, create and change map or data layers, import data from diverse sources, translate data formats, conduct needs analysis to develop programs and systems applications that meet user's requirements; prepare customized mapping projects; perform quality control of data entered and archive data elements. Assist and train users on the hardware and software for GIS applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Geographic Information System, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Three years of progressively responsible, professional level Geographic Information Systems experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Valid driver's license from state of residency
- Certified GIS Professional (GISP) preferred.
- Cadastral data maintenance experience preferred.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site is not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and is subject to change.
- Benefits Offered
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- 529 College Savings payroll deduction
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- * Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
- * Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
* If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs