Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Systems Administrator – Telecommunications
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. The Grade for this position is C44 (1).
Department Information: The Department of Information Technology Services consists of five Divisions: Enterprise Applications/Development, Infrastructure/Operations, Information Security, Financial Management Office/Admin and Business Strategic Services.
Division Information: The Infrastructure & Operations Support Division provides services in the areas of End User Support, Data Center Operations, Systems and Storage Administration, Network and Telecommunications infrastructure support, and Information Security. The staff supports over 5,000 personal computers, laptops or mobile devices, throughout the County. We are dedicated to providing technologies for an efficient, secure and innovative end user computing environment.
This position is responsible for the daily administration and maintenance of the County's telecommunications infrastructure including voice, video, and related components. This position will also lead telecom projects and will provide end user training and support.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 3 years of progressively responsible, professional level analyst and systems experience in a large scale Information Technology environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- 5 to 8 years of Telecommunications management and troubleshooting experience (Public Sector environment experience a huge plus)
- Review, coordinate, and perform telecommunication move, add, change, and repair activities.
- Primary technician responsible for migrating sites from legacy PBX systems.
- Work with telecommunications vendors on contracted service of telecommunications systems.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the telecommunications infrastructure.
- Provide training and support on telecommunication systems and services to end users and technical support staff.
- Develop and maintain documentation on the operation of telecommunication resources.
- Participate in the project planning and lead the implementation of new telecommunication systems.
- Experience in a medium to large-sized enterprise network in the public sector.
- Experience with Cisco collaboration products, Cisco routing/switching products in a public sector environment.
- Experience in scripting and troubleshooting for Cisco Contact Center Express product.
- Experience in applying Cisco updates for end devices such as phones, gateways.
- Experience with Nortel, Avaya, Siemens, Rolm, and other legacy PBXs a plus.
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting analog/pots lines for fax, security and fire panel lines.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREDDue to the nature of this position and access to Public Safety systems and facilities, an extensive background check is required for employment. The background check includes motor vehicle and criminal histories and fingerprinting.
For information related to position-specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical Requirements, click here.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings Plan payroll deduction
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
* Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).