Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Technician Intern - Water Resources
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
Gwinnett County's Department of Water Resources is currently recruiting to hire Laboratory/Research interns to assist our Research and Innovation department.
The Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources is a publicly-owned utility, committed to providing excellent water, wastewater and stormwater services at the best possible value to the citizens of Gwinnett County. The department is widely recognized for service excellence in the operation of 2 water production facilities, 3 water reclamation facilities and 226 pump stations. In addition, DWR maintains 3,667 miles of water lines, 2,654 miles of sewer lines and 1,325 miles of stormwater pipe. The Department of Water Resources takes pride in stewardship of the environmental resources entrusted to us and pledge to be responsible as we manage water as a limited, but renewable, resource.
$15.76 per hour, 15-20 hours per week with at least one year commitment, not to exceed 1,560 hours per year.
- Coordinate and participate with field teams for sample collection
- Assist with sample transportation, preparation and processing
- Assist with water quality analyses
- Assist with data analysis and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Major in Science or Engineering, preferably environmental science, chemistry, or related major;
- Available between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00pm during weekdays;
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours (after 4:00PM and weekends) if necessary;
- Experience in wet chemistry laboratory techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and EXCEL;
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet requirements to operate a Gwinnett County vehicle.
- Strong work or educational background and understanding of water quality analysis
- Good laboratory technique and safety awareness
- Experience with analytical instrumentation
- Well organized, detail oriented and dependable
- Interested in learning new lab techniques
- Can represent Gwinnett County DWR with professionalism and courtesy
Moderate physical activity including stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and the ability to lift 50 pounds