Gwinnett County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian - Custodial Services - School
at Gwinnett County Public Schools
Job Reference #: 62955
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Custodian - Custodial Services - School JobID: 62955
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
|Job Code: Custodian - 050005||Standard Hours: 20||Department: Custodial Services - School - 262000||Empl Class: NA|
|Minimum Salary: $8,299.00/Annually|| Maximum Salary: $17,784.50/Annually|| Scheduled Days: 246|| Target Openings: 1|
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Industrial or commercial cleaning experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability and willingness to learn and proficiently perform the custodial care skills and tasks of the Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Custodial Care Program and other general custodial practices; ability to hear, understand, and follow oral instructions given in the English language; ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 6th grade level, such as safety instructions, use and disposal instructions on custodial product labels, GCPS Custodial Toolbox training materials, and other forms, documents, or notes provided by the supervisor or other designated supervisory staff; and ability to work effectively as part of an assigned custodial team.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining assigned areas of school facilities in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition and performing duties according to the GCPS Custodial Care Program and as instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
1. Perform assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks of the GCPS Custodial Care Program that are on the schedule provided by the designated supervisor in a proficient manner.
2. Utilize appropriate chemicals, supplies, and equipment, which have been approved for use according to GCPS Policies and Procedures, to perform assigned custodial care tasks.
3. Maintain custodial care tools and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe working condition according to instructions and guidelines of the GCPS Custodial Care Program.
4. Open and secure assigned facilities or grounds areas at the time(s) instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
5. Suggest alternate cleaning practices, products, tools, or equipment for the GCPS Custodial Care Program and assist the Environmental and Supply Services Department in related evaluations to identify those that are more efficient or effective.
6. Maintain appropriate, positive, and cooperative working relationships with team members, assigned facility staff, and other GCPS employees in all work related interactions
7.. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.