Gwinnett County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director IT Business and Resource Mgmt - IT Business/Resource Mgmt
at Gwinnett County Public Schools
Job Reference #: 63517
Openings as of 10/22/2019
- Director IT Business and Resource Mgmt - IT Business/Resource Mgmt JobID: 63517
- Position Type:
Administrative/Managerial/Dir IT Business and Res Mgmt
- Date Posted:
Instructional Support Center
|Job Code: Dir IT Business and Res Mgmt - 020071||Standard Hours: 40||Department: IT Business/Resource Mgmt - 282578||Empl Class: NA|
|Minimum Salary: $80,346.00/Annually|| Maximum Salary: $114,133.00/Annually|| Scheduled Days: 246|| Target Openings: 1|
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
Experience Qualifications: Five years experience in IT resource management and experience managing large-scale projects required. Two years experience in a leadership position in the information technology field preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Strong leadership skills; high degree of skill in oral and written communications; high degree of skill in organization and problem-solving; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; ability to apply background in Information Technology (IT); ability to promote innovation in the application of technology to find solutions for education; demonstrated leadership experience; exceptional ability to communicate and work with others in an effective manner; ability to create and implement comprehensive plans to solve complex problems; skills in directing, planning, forecasting, scheduling, assessing, and setting objectives; and ability to translate needs and challenges into creative solutions.
Primary Responsibilities: Direct technology standards and continuously improve processes for IT Portfolio Management, procurement, installation, management, and support of information technology across the enterprise.
1. Direct the procurement of technology equipment and contracted resources that support information technology initiatives throughout the district.
a. Lead life-cycle process for technology equipment procurement, maintenance, and replacement.
b. Lead divisional efforts to effectively communicate and maintain rapport with strategic partners and suppliers.
c. Lead various enterprise level contract negotiations for software, maintenance, and support.
2. Serve as the primary IMT Division representative in support of cross-enterprise collaborations.
a. Act as the lead IMT agent to coordinate supply and deployment of technology assets for district-wide capital construction projects.
b. Act as the divisional representative for technology segment of the annual capital project audit (SPLOST).
c. Direct purchasing functions and approvals in coordination with the Division of Business and Finance to comply with district policies and procedures.
3. Provide leadership, direction, and continuous quality improvement strategies to departmental staff.
a. Develop processes that ensure exceptional customer service levels for asset and resource management in a world-class organization.
b. Direct staff development for departmental personnel.
4. Update the Chief Information Officer (CIO) on status of Business and Resource Management projects and capital project status.
5. Provide effective financial planning of divisional and capital budgets.
a. Direct the development of IMT maintenance and operations budget.
b. Direct the departmental budget.
c. Direct the capital budget for technology initiatives and capital projects throughout the district.
6. Lead departmental awareness of emerging technology regarding standards and best practices to support division and system wide mission.
7. Direct the continuous improvement efforts for all departmental processes.
8. Lead the development of the District IT hardware and software portfolios
a. Direct the actions of the IT Portfolio Asset Manager
b. Direct strategic initiative for IT Asset & Portfolio Management.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.