Gwinnett County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Exec Dir Continuous Quality Improvement - Leadership Development
at Gwinnett County Public Schools
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Exec Dir Continuous Quality Improvement - Leadership Development JobID: 62548
- Position Type:
Executive Officers/Exec Dir Continuous Quality Im
- Date Posted:
Instructional Support Center
|Job Code: Exec Dir Continuous Quality Im - 020333||Standard Hours: 40||Department: Leadership Development - 222640||Empl Class: NA|
Education Qualifications: Master's degree in related field required. Specialist or doctorate degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Five years of progressively responsible quality improvement experience or related experience required.
Skills Qualifications: High degree of skill in oral and written communication; high degree of skill in organization and problem-solving; demonstrated knowledge and skill with computer software including PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office Suite; ability to prepare comprehensive reports, and draft professional business correspondence; demonstrated ability to effectively analyze information and data, respond to inquiries and requests from other managers, employees, and the general public; ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality; ability to analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement, and design and implement process improvement initiatives; ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) and to establish professional working relationships with outside customers; ability to comfortably conduct presentations to audiences of varying size and organizational makeup; and ability to work across functional boundaries and interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Direct all functions associated with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) for the district, including project planning, leading process improvement teams, and designing and deploying business processes utilizing new/existing technologies. This position will partner with senior leadership staff to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, implement feasible solutions, and monitor new processes to ensure that they work as intended.
1. Direct all functions associated with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) for the district.
2. Partner with senior leadership staff to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
a. Provide support by identifying, developing, and streamlining areas for process improvement and service delivery.
b. Conduct appropriate research and collaborate with staff to design, develop, implement, and evaluate continuous quality improvement processes, tools, and strategies.
c. Provide support with the documentation, design, and development for critical processes.
3. Lead and support Cross-Functional Action Teams (XFAT) and other process improvement teams.
a. Coordinate and prepare presentations and adhere to strict timelines.
b. Monitor progress of teams to ensure that critical deadlines are met and deliverables produced.
c. Create and monitor archival records related to Cross-Functional Action Teams (XFAT).
4. Research, vet and recommend solutions to challenges facing the district.
a. Maintain an awareness of current trends in K-12 industry, CQI, and technology, with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support.
b. Establish and maintain a familiarity with existing business structure and processes, and existing technological capabilities, seeking opportunities to capitalize on technology and structure that may already exist.
5. Provide support to district leaders with the deployment of changes to existing business process, and the introduction of new processes.
6. Regularly assess and evaluate all process improvement changes deployed, to determine effectiveness and continue to further refine and improve.
7. Complete special projects as assigned.
8. Collaborate on the design and implementation of training for new and current school and district-level leaders.
9. Fulfill all duties and responsibilities as a member of the CEO/Superintendent’s Cabinet.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.