Gwinnett County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director Accountability and Assessment - Accountability & Assessment
at Gwinnett County Public Schools
Job Reference #: 62850
Openings as of 10/17/2019
- Executive Director Accountability and Assessment - Accountability & Assessment JobID: 62850
- Position Type:
Executive Officers/Exec Dir AccountabilityandAssess
- Date Posted:
Instructional Support Center
|Job Code: Exec Dir AccountabilityandAssess - 020046||Standard Hours: 40||Department: Accountability & Assessment - 212119||Empl Class: NA|
Education Qualifications: Master's degree in related field required. Specialist or doctorate degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Ten years of experience in administration, testing and measurement, student accountability, managing federal and state programs, Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)/Accountability Plans, or related experiences plus leadership in professional learning planning, delivery, and implementation required. Continuous quality improvement experience with leadership and supervision experience and system level K-12 experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Skills in collaborative leadership of individuals and groups; ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences internally and externally; ability to plan and organize human and financial resources to implement system-level initiatives; ability to lead in the development of appropriate measurements and tools to evaluate student learning of the Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS); knowledge of psychometrics in relation to educational testing programs; ability to lead the development of processes related to providing appropriate and accurate student and school accountability; knowledge of scientifically based research to evaluate technological tools and resources; ability to conduct statistical analysis; knowledge of professional development regarding assessment literacy, assessment equating, scaling, and sample design; and excellent oral and written communications and human relations skills.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide executive level leadership, direction, and continuous quality improvement of an effective student accountability support program which accomplishes the mission and strategic vision established by the Board of Education and the CEO/Superintendent.
1. Lead the development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the balanced assessment program.
a. Assure the statewide K-12 assessment program is implemented and monitored for compliance at the school and system level.
b. Lead the planning, implementation, and continuous improvement of the GCPS balanced assessment program to assure the reliability, validity, and policy implications are appropriate.
c. Assure effective administrations of local, state, national, and international assessments.
d. Report student, teacher, school, and system-level results including analysis as appropriate.
e. Recommend district procedures for assessment to assure security, administration, and appropriate reporting of results and student data.
f. Communicate assessment and accountability information to the Board, CEO/Superintendent, Cabinet, Leadership Development, and other audiences as needed.
2. Support the development and implementation of the Student Performance Goals (SPG) and their accompanying assessments.
3. Assure the timely completion of College and Career Readiness Performance Index (CCRPI) data collection, submission and validation, meeting all deadlines and requirements from the Georgia Department of Education.
a. Articulate responsibilities and expectations with all business owners of CCRPI to ensure accurate reporting and high levels of support for schools.
b. Align human and financial resources to provide accurate and timely reporting of student achievement data at the district, school, teacher, and student level via web enabled reporting platforms and analytic tools.
c. Provide leadership training in analysis of student achievement data to inform instruction.
d. Provide training on the effective development and use of common assessments.
e. Support cross divisional data quality processes, analysis, and reporting of student achievement data.
4. Lead the development of innovative tools of assessment for learning.
5. Lead effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of budgets to support primary functions of the Offices of Accountability and Assessment.
6. Lead the development of professional learning for program implementation and improved student achievement using innovative delivery models which focus on the building of capacity and sustainability for schools.
7. Communicate effectively with all internal and external audiences as needed to support the district’s vision, mission, and goals.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.