Gwinnett County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Police Officer - Temporary - Temporary/Misc
at Gwinnett County Public Schools
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 62950
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- Police Officer - Temporary - Temporary/Misc JobID: 62950
- Position Type:
Temporary/Miscellaneous/Police Officer - Temporary
- Date Posted:
|Job Code: Police Officer - Temporary - 004007||Standard Hours: 10||Department: Temporary/Misc - 990000||Empl Class: NA|
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Must be an active member of law enforcement.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to communicate with others in an effective and tactful manner; ability to listen and respond to other's needs; and desire to work in a school environment with young people, educators, and citizens.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, and citizens at extra-curricular activities by responding immediately to deal with any disruption or criminal activity and instill in students respect and understanding of the law through example.
1. Assist the local school administration in security at extra-curricular activities.
2. Reduce juvenile delinquency by promoting positive relationships between youth and law enforcement.
3. Take law enforcement action as necessary to protect against unwanted intruders.
4. Perform all law enforcement related duties in a highly professional manner consistent with established procedures and directives.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.