Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Time and Attendance Analyst
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Primary responsibility will be to support the GMS Time & Attendance System (Kronos) across GMS and its subsidiaries. This person will be the main liaison with all external and internal support persons for system configuration requests and general system updates. The analyst will also be responsible for maintaining the performance and reliability of the Kronos Workforce Dimension System, interface files, as well as other components. This role requires solid technical and application understanding/aptitude of the Kronos workflow/data handling needs associated with Time & Attendance and Scheduling.
- Provide Kronos Application functional and technical support.
- Support payroll interfaces from Kronos to Ultipro system.
- Manage time clock setup, configuration, testing and upgrades across the business by working with time clock vendors/field operations and IT.
- Research and resolve Kronos Time and Attendance system problems, unexpected results, or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet business needs.
- Monitor the service ticketing system for Kronos issues and requests.
- Troubleshoot application issues, without assistance, to resolution.
- Troubleshoot Kronos system hardware in the field, as needed.
- Partner with end users to understand workflow and business processes.
- Focus on initiatives to automate and streamline processes, data integration, and reporting capabilities.
- Ensure HR team across all yards are trained on process improvement techniques and are focused on identifying opportunities to leverage technology to automate processes.
- Lead escalation of issues with appropriate resources.
- Manage day-to-day Time and Attendance reporting requests.
- Prepare reports and ad hoc queries for employee data contained in Kronos in response to requests from users within Human Resources, Payroll, the Field or other departments.
- Develop and host training and documentation of system use for system users.
- Research new techniques in the development of systems and maintain knowledge of current trends and strategies in technology fields relating to Time and Attendance.
- Assist with the specifications, development, and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports, and procedures to ensure efficient business processes.
- Resolve system issues, act as “troubleshooter”, and work closely with the IT and field department.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of working with Time and Attendance Tool
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: workforce management, labor cost optimization, payroll tracking, workforce analytics, interfaces using Kronos Workforce Integration
- In depth knowledge and ability to analyze, develop, and implement complex Kronos requirements including, but not limited to, pay rules, work rules, union rules, pay codes, queries, update holidays, employee records modification, workforce attendance, and calculated accrual configurations
- 1 year demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems such as Kronos and/or UltiPro a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer orientation with a sense of urgency in getting things done.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Effective critical thinking with the ability to review numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Ability to handle sensitive information/data while maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Highly focused with exemplary attention to detail; vigilant in data accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and to be flexible in order to adapt to an ever changing and evolving environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present findings or translate the data into an understandable document; must be able to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days