HGH Hardware Supply, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail/Showroom Sales Specialist
at HGH Hardware Supply, Inc.
|Title:||Retail/Showroom Sales Specialist|
HGH Hardware Supply is a hardware and paint store, and so much more. This is the ideal role for a Retail/Showroom Sales Specialist professional who truly care about providing outstanding customer care. As the Customer Service/Sales Representative, you are looked at as the “face of HGH Hardware Supply” and the go-to person as soon as our customers enter our store.
This is the right opportunity for you if you possess:
- A customer-first mindset
- The ability to work in a team setting, sharing responsibilities and goals
- Demonstrated capability of using persuasive selling skills
- The ability to learn procedures and concepts quickly
- Genuinely enjoy helping us retain customers with their hardware and paint needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Greet customers and be able to direct them to the proper location in the store to ensure customer satisfaction – thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers and associates
- Represents branch in a professional manner, remaining friendly and courteous in all customer and coworker interactions
- Research and resolve customer questions/problems in person and over the phone
- Assist in processing orders for customers
- Enter data, navigate screens, and retrieve data in point-of-sales system
- Perform register functions while using your sales, promotion and product knowledge to drive add-on sales
- Handle cash/credit/credit card sales and returns of merchandise
- Follow all cash register transaction procedures
- Call customers when special order merchandise is ready for pick up
- Protect and maintain company assets and resources to include cash control, inventory, fixtures and physical facility to prevent theft
- Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively
- Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance with the Branch Manager
- Perform all other duties as assigned from time to time by the Branch Manager
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
- Maintain the retail space to ensure safety and enhance efficiency
- Implement promotions
- Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times
- Stocking of merchandise
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked
- Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away
- Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location
- High school diploma/GED
- One (1) year experience in retail sales and customer service in a similar capacity
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Outlook
- Eclipse distribution management software experience
- Prior experience in the home improvement industry
- Cabinetry experience
- Kitchen/bath/closet hardware knowledge
- Paint tinting experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary.
HGH Hardware Supply has been in business serving the cabinet and woodworking industry for more than 55 years, with current offices and warehouses in Birmingham, AL, Doraville, GA, Marietta, GA and Nashville, TN, and Decatur, AL. We have Outside Sales Representatives who travel to assist customers throughout the Southeast, and HGH ships to locations throughout the United States.
HGH offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health, life and dental insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 125 cafeteria plan, vacation, holidays and a 401K retirement savings plan with company match. To learn more about HGH and the products we offer, please visit our website at www.hghhardware.com.
HGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V