Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Education Consultant - Team Lead
Education Consultant - Team Lead
|Department:||MCS - Coding|
iMedX has an exciting opportunity to join a winning team and growing company! We are hiring for an Education Consultant Team Lead. Position is remote, full-time and hourly paid.
At the direction of the Vice President of Consulting and RCM Professional Services, the Education Consultant Team Lead develops or assists with development of all types of coding training materials and education to clients and staff via web-based, instructor aided training programs. Provides task-related direction to Education Consultants.
Reports to the Vice President of Consulting and RCM Professional Services.
The Education Consultant Team Lead engages in regular interaction with clients regarding training needs and meeting expectations.The Education Consultant Team Lead is responsible for delivery of identified and targeting training based on client specifications. The person in this role is also responsible for task delivery to Education Consultants, along with the following responsibilities:
- Develops or assists with development of the AM, CM & PCS and CPT training product lines.
- Provides task-related direction to education consultants.
- Provides the coder training programs to coders and other staff at hospitals and other healthcare providers.
- Provides training to iMedX staff as needed.
- Responds to Coding Hotline questions as needed.
- Displays strong problem solving and “outside of the box” critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates strong clinical knowledge base.
- Understands and adheres to all requirements in the Corporate Coding Compliance Program.
- Meets productivity standards for position.
- Seeks assistance only after exhausting all resources.
- Continually enhances coding skills.
- Participates in coding roundtables, meetings and educational conferences to ensure coding practice is up-to-date.
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of medical information.
- Maintains coding quality asl isted in the Company’s Coding Quality Program.
- Promotes the Company’s values.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Current coding credentials/certifications from AHIMA (Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator(RHIA) or from AAPC CertifiedProfessionalCoder (CPC), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC).
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Exhibits adaptability, provides excellent customer service and possesses professional written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail. He or she must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, work under pressure with time constraints and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Three (3) or moreyears’ experienceworking as a coder or coding consultant.
- Passing score of 90%or higher on CM, PCSand CPT competency exams.
- Means of communication, i.e., cell phone and/or land line.
The work environment is a home-based position where the employee is regularly required to sit, read, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands for keyboard or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
TravelRequired: Minimal (<10%)