Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Automation Engineer II
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on www.twitter.com/incomm, www.facebook.com/incomm, www.linkedin.com/company/incomm or www.incomm.com/blog.
About This Opportunity
The work you’ll be doing will support ecommerce and mobile applications that allow our customers to buy and manage gift cards online. You’ll be part of agile team to ensure a consistent velocity and deliver values. This role would be focused on ensure the software is shipped timely and with best quality.
- Create, execute and manage test plans/test cases and automation across the entire spectrum of quality: exploratory tests, acceptance tests, functional tests, regression tests, smoke tests, usability tests, etc.
- Ability to translate technical requirements / specifications into deliverable test cases/scripts, using industry standard tools and analyze logs.
- Communicate quality issues and risks to the software development teams and technical leaders
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Coordinate with Project Stakeholders to write testing scripts for new releases
- Communicate testing strategies and plans with customers and coordinate testing efforts to ensure optimal results
- Programming skills to create automated test scripts
- Work with multiple application development, architecture and network teams, identifies, diagnoses, and reports on application issues
- Provide support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers and junior associates
- Working knowledge of SQL/Databases
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to testing situations
- Exceptional attention to detail is required
- Investigate, track and prioritize defects
- Define regression test cases and make suggestions for automation
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test quality and effectiveness.
- Assist with creating and performing repeatable testing procedures and processes
- Ability to conduct wireframe analysis, remove ambiguity from specifications and challenge designs.
- Operate with a sense of responsibility, accountability and ownership to deliver on commitments.
- Partner with team leads, business analysts, product managers and developers to understand the product, business requirements and specification to help determine the right test strategy.
- Clearly articulate complex technical issues and relate to customers' needs verbally and in writing.
- Provide project team with testing progress and risk assessment during the testing phase.
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies and role of QA in the software development lifecycle.
- Define regression test cases and make suggestions for automation.
- Experience with query / scripting tools / languages such as VBScript, .Net, Java, and MS SQL .
- Excellent prioritization, time management/multi-tasking skills
- Full SDLC experience; Agile experience preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS, MIS, or related field
- 7+ years of experience with QA and/or application development
- Minimum 3 years’ QA experience within the banking/financial industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience using test management and issue tracking tools (e.g., Quality Center, Bugzilla, Test Complete, Selenium, LISA, JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience with Jenkins and GIT
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating automation using Java / Selenium automation
- Minimum 2 years experience creating automation using UFT
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in iterative development (e.g., Scrum)
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Knowledge of QA tools including automation and load testing
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in navigating across cross-functional teams
- Effective verbal and written communications are critical