Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer II - Java
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on www.twitter.com/incomm, www.facebook.com/incomm, www.linkedin.com/company/incomm or www.incomm.com/blog.
About This Opportunity
The FS-Web team is a team that develops, deploys and maintains multiple websites and applications to support our card holders. The team will be responsible for end to end delivery of these web applications as well the required services to support customer self-service functions.
- Support new and continued development of existing system. Develop, build, deploy and configure applications
- Technical design and analysis of business use cases in preparation for development.
- Work well in Agile or Lean Software Development Life Cycle.
- Able to quickly adjust and support changing priorities according to business’s needs.
- Provide unit testing to ensure quality of builds in a continuous integration environment.
- Engage in production deployment co-ordination and verification
- Create documentation on the existing system and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams, architectural details, runbooks, escalation
- Participate in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, unit testing, and issue tracking software
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed
- Work effectively in a team environment to produce good quality and timely results
- Able to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work
- Parse, analyze and understand system log files
- Customer Service orientation with the ability to effectively interact with users of all levels
- Able to proactively address system issues that have potential impact for the corporation
- Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Check and verify the applications are running and functioning properly after system updates
- Migration of platforms and application components.
- Support after-hours coverage/escalation & support on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or other related discipline required.
- 3-5 years of strong experience with middleware API development.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design principles including abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation
- Experience with the full lifecycle of software development including use of version control tools, build management, unit testing, issue tracking software (e.g. SVN, Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio, JIRA)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-administration, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and effective prioritization
- Required Experience with the below technologies:
- JBoss Redhat Fuse
- Spring-Web/Spring-MVC or JAX-RS
- JAVA, XML
- Tomcat, JBoss
- Container based environments (Docker)
- Spring (data, boot, security, batch)
- Hibernate, Hibernate/JPA
- REST Services, SOAP Services
- API Management frameworks – TIBCO, APIGEE
- Jenkins, Sonar
- JIRA & Confluence
- Awarenes of the following technologies is a plus
- Google Cloud platform
- Oracle Gateway
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex systems and situations and troubleshoot issues
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal interactions (ability to foster a cooperative work environment)
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier 4