Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer III
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on www.twitter.com/incomm, www.facebook.com/incomm, www.linkedin.com/company/incomm or www.incomm.com/blog.
About This Opportunity
Incomm is looking to expand its team with a Software Engineer - Java Developer.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for our applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Proven at least 5 years of progressive Java development experience including JSE, JEE in enterprise level scalable, distributed and fault tolerant environments. Java 7+
- Experience with application servers(Jboss 6 EAP and higher)
- Prefer experience with application containers(Tomcat 7 and higher, Karaf 4 and higher)
- Experience with open source application frameworks(CXF, Axis, Hazelcast, Spring, Netty)
- Experience with Relational Databases(SQL Server)
- Prefer experience with webservice security implementations(SSL, XML security, Token Based Authentication)
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Programming/Design principles including abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation
- Experience developing using Agile practices (XP, Scrum and TDD)
- Experience participating in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, unit testing, and issue tracking software (ex. SVN, Maven, JIRA)
- Understanding of, and experience with, software development best practices
- Experience reading and writing UML (Specifically class and sequence diagrams)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier 3