Industrial Mechanical Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Industrial Mechanical Inc
Candidates must possess previous experience of 0-3 years in the millwright field or in a related area. Employees can also qualify for this position if they have obtained their NCCER certification, or if they have completed a related program through an accredited technical school. Individual should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the millwright field. They will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions, and will work under immediate supervision.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. They may transfer from one task to another as they are directed. Generally, these employees may specialize in working on certain pieces of equipment and have a narrower base of knowledge. They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment, and they will perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities. They are to observe and follow all safety rules and procedures set forth by Industrial Mechanical, Inc. and OSHA. These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
Tasks that Millwrights are required to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment according to construction plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishments, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skill, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines using hand tools.
- Identify hand tools, fasteners, and other equipment used in the trade and distinguish their applications.
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, gearboxes and pumps, using hand tools and power tools.
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools. Must have knowledge of load-bearing capabilities of foundations.
- Perform routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventative maintenance.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade staff.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics), and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps, and compressors.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear; the use of logical step-by-step procedures in work; planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
- Provide mentoring to both Millwright Helpers and Millwright Trainees.