Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hexagon PPM
- Req# ID
- Hexagon Corporate US
- # of Openings
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s corporate communications team is looking for a talented writer and content creator to help us communicate our company’s vision, explore the latest technology and business trends, and tell our customers’ stories.
This newly created role invites an enthusiastic brand journalist to “cover” what’s happening across Hexagon, cultivating headline-worthy stories and turning them into powerful narratives to engage with a variety of audiences — including C-suite technology executives, media and analysts, tech influencers, employees, and of course, our customers who work in more than 25 global industries.
The Content Writer will report to the Corporate Communications Manager, supporting PR, corporate messaging, content marketing and internal communications that drive our transformation strategy, engage our employees and define our culture. This is a full-time, in-office position located in Hexagon’s Atlanta (Buckhead) office. We do not offer relocation. The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Inquisitive: Dedicated to learning constantly
- Instinctive: Willing to follow a lead and stand up for an idea
- Resourceful: Active in seeking out subject matter experts and creative partners to craft stories
- Passionate: Committed to exploring the role technology plays in the future of business and society
- Write and create journalism-style content for various channels including press releases, blogs, articles (long-form and web), presentations, briefing documents, videos, infographics, emails, and more
- Write clear, relevant, accurate and engaging content focused on audience interests that can be leveraged across multiple channels
- Engage deep research on industry trends, and interview internal and external subject matter experts to gain insight for content
- Develop story pitches and present them for consideration
- Reposition content to achieve various marketing goals
- Manage the editorial workflow for your assigned stories, from ideation to interviewing, copy editing to publication
- Contribute to editorial style guidelines and brand guidelines
- Leverage analytics and metrics to better understand audiences, inform future storytelling initiatives, and develop more effective content
- Work with contractors, vendors, and internal teams in producing a variety of content
- 5 years of professional research writing experience, preferably in journalism, market research or content marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or other writing-heavy discipline
- Strong research and interview skills and a talent for identifying for broad-interest, newsworthy stories
- Self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Proven track record of results-driven content (audience growth/engagement, lead generation metrics, etc.)
- Understanding of web analytics and ability to interpret them to make informed decisions about content strategy and creation
- Experience in video scriptwriting preferred
- Instinctual collaborator with the ability to manage multiple projects and build positive relationships with people across the organization
- Empathy, emotional intelligence and global perspective
- Ability to see work as fun
- Ability to stay calm and think clearly and quickly under pressure