Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architecture Project Manager (Federal Projects)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Senior Project Architect, or Discipline Specialist, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
- The Project Manager will perform work of complex scope for small scale projects, renovation projects and large scale development projects.
- Has comprehensive understanding and application of principles, design, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards.
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- Works under general supervision, participates in setting assignment objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Works with the design team, operations managers, and office leadership to create and regularly update overall project schedules and milestones based on feedback from other design team members, owner and contractor. Adjust schedule strategically in conjunction with owner requirements.
- Works with the Manager of Projects and Operations Managers to create and update work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project. Activities include managing contracts, invoices, sub-consultant agreements and project scope and schedule.
- Prepares client project presentations studies, and reports
- Represents organization, with internal and external personnel, on significant matters
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Design work to be reviewed and stamped by a Registered Architect (may be self stamped)
- Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience is required
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture is required
- Architecture registration or Intern Development Program candidate is required
- Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite are required
- Familiarity with building code requirements is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
- Strong organizational skills, communication (both verbal and written) skills, creative problem solving abilities and leadership abilities is required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- Must display enthusiasm, motivation, and be goal oriented.
- Must be willing to participate in business development activities
- Prior Project Management experience is required (preferred on Aviation and DOD programs)
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.