Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network LAN/WAN Administrator
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT)professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations andMaintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfillits mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defendthe United States and its interests and synchronize planning for globaloperations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you willsupport the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as wepartner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class ITservices and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in theareas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-usercomputing, and test and evaluation.
The NetworkAdministrator (NA) performs tier one and two network support in accordance withthe SIE OPORD. Candidates for the NA provide administration of network and communicationssystems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide AreaNetwork (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with avariety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WANoperations. The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic anddiagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. The NA rolerequires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and networkcomponents. The NA is responsible for creating monitoring reports and managingequipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. The NAcoordinates network administration and performance requirements with othermembers of the networking team. The NA identifies, analyzes, and documentslong-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprisenetwork. The NA prepares technical implementation plans that provide integratedsolutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths requiredfor complete solutions. The NA researches applicable standards and requirementsdocuments to assure network compliance. The NA plans for and providesreasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability,reliability, and throughput). The NA prepares activity and progress reports forthe Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-relatednetwork services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing network softwareand hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WANperformance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malwarecontrol measures
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance(O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearlyO&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) andStandard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Monitoring LAN/WAN-related systems to proactivelyidentify performance and operational issues
- Documenting and implementing approvedconfiguration changes
- Managing access control lists and networkingequipment
- Performing routine maintenance on network-relatedcomponents and equipment
Description: Increasinglycomplex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performingtesting and analyzing network systems.
Description: Must have experience with currenttechnologies and where required for the task, emerging technologies
RequiredCertification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all requiredcertifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (ifapplicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of thecontract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result indisqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Current and relevant CCNA
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- Work will be performed inside a large facility.Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require somenight and weekend work.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop.Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files upto 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- General office equipment, which includes:telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous officeequipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment thatsupports the IT infrastructure.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by theclient. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 daysper week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours' support may be required
- You may be asked to continue performance duringinclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- You may be asked to continue performance insupport of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continental and Oversees travel may berequired. It is important to maintain acurrent passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining allrequired certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behaviorthat promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in theworkplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritizeand execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressureenvironment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to workeffectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel atall levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at alllevels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, butdependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employeesworking in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying forrequires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that shouldyou be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen ofthe US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will berequired to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.