Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Position Title: PCTechnician
Jacobs isseeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support theUSSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Yourcareer at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fullycapable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and itsinterests and synchronize planning for global operations against terroristnetworks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of theEnterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilianmembers to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance,network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
PCTechnicians will be responsible for software and hardware installation andconfiguration. Maintain and repair a variety of equipment, install drivers,update systems firmware and BIOS, install Local Area Networks (LANs) andVirtual LANs. PC Technicians musthave excellent troubleshooting skills along with exceptional organizing andtime management skills.
PC Technician candidates need excellentproblem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experiencewith desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and networkconnectivity. They must be customer service-oriented, articulate and proactivein anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use ofcomputing resources. Selected candidates may be required to provision andmaintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray).
- Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop andlaptop PCs and peripherals, such as printers
- Installing and configuring application and operatingsystem software and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and networkconnectivity issues
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration tonew machines
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software,managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verifytimely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and readyto operate on schedule
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware andsoftware standardization
- Create and maintain user accounts with a labenvironment
- Maintain an inventory of hardware within a labenvironment
- Document lessons learned from repairs and fixes
- Offer technical support and teach users how to utilizesystem functionality
Description: Previous experience working as a PCTechnician
RequiredCertification: Employment is contingent upon obtainingall required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level I or higher
- Preferred Education: Associate's Degree in Computer Science ora related field
- Preferred Experience:
- Proven experience as a PC Technician orsimilar role.
- LAN/WAN network experience.
- Knowledge of internet security and dataprivacy principles.
- Preferred Certifications: CompTIAA , CompTIA Security , and/or any Microsoft Windows 7/10 or Server 2012/2016certifications
- Work will be performed inside a largefacility or outdoors and in inclement weather conditions (i.e. heat, ice, wind,snow, rain). An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: closequarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on clientrequirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
- Climbing, working at heights and in smallconfined spaces such as under raised floors and desks. Must be able to stand, stoop,kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standardoffice environmental conditions. Must be able to Lift and transport equipmentup to 50 pounds.
- Operating vehicles, hand tools, powertools, ladders and test equipment.
- General office equipment, which includes:telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous officeequipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and othercomputer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Work assignments dependent on requirementsby the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours' support may berequired
- You may be asked to continue performanceduring inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted towork
- You may be asked to continue performance insupport of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continental and Oversees travel may berequired. It is important to maintain acurrent passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining allrequired certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professionalbehavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivityin the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate,prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressureenvironment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to workeffectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel atall levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at alllevels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, butdependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employeesworking in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying forrequires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that shouldyou be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen ofthe US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will berequired to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.