Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 4 weeks ago(5/23/2019 9:10 AM)
Strives to meet or exceed customer service, inventory, and quality targets set by management. Responsible for picking, packing, and shipping customer orders. Responsible for receiving and stocking of purchase orders.
- Assists with problem resolution involving discrepancies between quantity ordered, received, and/or shipped.
- Performs daily cycle counts and investigates discrepancies.
- Pulls parts, material, or finished goods from inventory for shipment or production per written instructions. Counts/weighs and records number of units and enters into computer on manual documentation. Keeps accurate records of all incoming and outgoing material, parts, and/or finished goods.
- Determines size and type of container needed for shipping. May use hand and/or power tools to assemble shipping crates according to customer and company specifications. Inserts product into bags/containers using spacers, fillers, and protective padding per customer and company specifications.
- Loads and unloads material from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and with material handling equipment. Stocks inventory according to established safety and operating procedures. Verifies correct bin location. Creates new inventory locations and labels as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED required with a clear understanding of basic math.
- Familiar with fundamental concepts, practices, procedures in warehousing and shipping.
- Must demonstrate planning skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact with co-workers in a team-based environment.
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks using evaluation skills and ingenuity to recommend solutions to problems in a high-volume environment.
- Must have PC experience including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Receives general instructions for routine projects and more detailed instructions for more complex projects.
Receives some guidance on process and timing. Uses evaluation skills and ingenuity to recommend solutions, which are reviewed by higher levels.
Position is accountable for accurate documentation, safety, proper handling of materials and equipment being received. Errors could be detected in internal and external audits, exception reporting, and cycle counting or physical inventory. Lack of timeliness and accuracy in receiving and shipping could negatively impact customer service.
- 2-5 years’ experience in warehousing or related area.
- Warehouse environment – warehouse is not air conditioned.
- Exposure to possible hazards including occasional noise and fork lifts.
- Use saw and nail guns.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Warehouse environment requires frequent walking, lifting, and standing.
- Spends part of day sitting and operating computer.