Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Category Manager - Resins & Staple Fibers
at Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Open opportunity to change the way we operate in Strategic Procurement and help to deliver the competitive advantage K-C needs to win in the marketplace.
Regional Category Manager (RCM) manages the sourcing of all category requirements in the region. These are major value purchase areas with significant implications in company profitability and service efficiency. In addition to the primary category responsibility, the regional category manager may also manage some selective sourcing requirements of other categories in the region. This position directly impacts company performance. The regional category manager must influence senior leadership and suppliers to deliver category strategy through strong supplier collaboration, commercial awareness and strategic thinking. This is typically delivered by working closely with regional procurement and R&E professionals in cross functional teams.
In this role the RCM supports the development of the global category strategy and provides North America expertise to define, develop, influence and deploy the regional category strategy for the Kimberly-Clark North America (KCNA) businesses. The regional category manager will work closely with the global category directors, regional stakeholders and suppliers to execute consistently and deliver clear business benefits that impact quality, service and total cost of supply.
Provide subject expertise and insight into the region category requirements:
- Build a broad understanding of category with detailed understanding of purchase spend, purchase portfolio and supplier performance.
- Create and maintain category management knowledge and processes to ensure the category strategies are informed, relevant and up to date.
- Monitor supplier performance indicators and initiate supplier reviews as required or in accordance with agreed programs to drive improvement and reduce risk across the regional enterprise.
Connect and influence regional stakeholder network:
- Identify, build and maintain an effective cross functional stakeholder network.
- Understand regional business and functional requirements
- Support and align with Global Category management to proactively influence internal stakeholders.
- Lead regional interactions with Regional procurement organization and other stakeholders.
- Gain necessary input and cross functional expertise whilst influencing acceptance, agreement, and support from key stakeholders to ensure ultimate compliance and support.
Manage Regional Supplier Contracts, develop relationship management strategies driving collaboration, Supplier relationship management and / or other engagement programs:
- In conjunction with the Global Category Directors recommend, agree and lead regional relationship programs.
- Build trust and credibility with suppliers by demonstrating integrity, commitment and results orientation to drive and deliver results.
- Maintain an effective business relationship with all suppliers and stakeholders based on clear, concise group and personal communication.
Drive improvement programs and transformations to support category management strategy:
- Through the regional and global stakeholder network, become the regional point of contact, focal point and connector for strategic category management projects and initiatives for Direct Materials.
- Create, maintain and drive regional category savings programs.
- Identify hurdles and barriers to change, resolve where possible or escalate as appropriate to Global directors and / or senior management.
- Adopt the category management process and build procurement capability in the Direct Materials category.
- Monitor and manage actions to complete delivery of project milestones in line with agreed delivery expectations , reporting progress and / or escalating to global category management and other K-C leadership as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Engineering or business related professional service.
- Typically a minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement or closely related field with multiple function / business exposure.
- Business acumen, excellent communication skills (both written and oral) able to communicate up and across the organization.
- Cross functional collaboration and influencing, project management, analytical, problem solving, and functional and technical awareness.
- Technical proficiency using Excel, pivot tables, Tableau and ability to create inspiring PowerPoint presentations.
- Identify and maintain a continued professional development plan focused on personal development aspirations and company goals.
- The role supports North American businesses, the candidate should be prepared to travel to engage with stakeholders and suppliers as required to fulfill the role.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
Time TypeFull time
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.