Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Administrative Assistant, Franchise Legal Department
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19000RVA
Job Category Administrative
Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Administrative Assistant – Legal is an integral role in the department and is responsible for providing direct administrative support to paralegals in Atlanta, as well as attorneys and paralegals in other offices within the US Franchise Development and Franchise Operations Departments. It is essential that the role maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information and ensure that tasks are completely accurately. This position will be located at Marriott’s corporate office in Atlanta, GA and will report directly to the VP & Senior Counsel, Franchise Development.
- Act as liaison between the attorneys/paralegals and other Marriott employees and outside counsel during all phases of franchise development in various offices.
- Lead administrative support for remote paralegals and attorneys.
- Compose, type/merge, red-line, format, proofread and transmit high volume of legal documents and correspondence. Provide excellent word processing and formatting support.
- Enter matters in the Law Manager database; update database information, including revision and search of database for report and record management.
- Handle execution of documents, including coordinating with signatories.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports and documents.
- Create and maintain up-to-date desk files and permanent files, making entries in RIMS and Law Manager, and transmittals to the Records Management Section.
- Assist attorney/paralegal in data entry and maintenance of practice area's contract database and database reporting.
- Track correspondence requiring response and keep attorneys/paralegals apprised of status.
- Screen telephone calls; handle matters not requiring the recipient's attention; refer calls to other appropriate parties for handling; organize meetings and conference calls.
- Review all incoming mail and forward to the appropriate Franchise Development Group member and bring priority items to the attention of the supervisor or the responsible Franchise Development Group members, as appropriate; track matters requiring response/action and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Manage calendar for attorneys, including scheduling and canceling meetings, and handling high-priority scheduling issues. Coordinate calendars with Administrative Assistants for Senior Leaders and other associates.
- Coordinate, schedule, and prepare for group and other general meetings, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing agenda items, prior distribution of materials, room set up, audio visual equipment set up, conference line initiation, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare expense reports.
- Assist with or take lead role in special projects for the Franchise Development Group as requested.
- Assist team leader with overflow as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information. Protect the privacy and security of clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Minimum of five years of secretarial experience and previous experience in law firm or corporate law department preferred.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Fast, accurate typing. Strong word processing and spelling/grammar/proofreading skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to continually changing workload priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Good judgment; professional demeanor
- Diligence and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal skills.