Mc Kenney's Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Helper- Sheet Metal
at Mc Kenney's Inc.
# of openings:
Would you like to build your career with a construction industry leader? Are you interested in working with your hands and being able to see the results of your work contribute to the growing Atlanta skyline? Are you interested in an entry-level position which could lead to an exciting career in the mechanical trades? If you are not afraid of hard work, flexible hours and being exposed to variable weather conditions, McKenney's wants you to consider joining our team of stellar construction trades employees. As one of Atlanta’s Best Place to Work, our 70 year old company offers many rewards to those who rise to the challenge.
Performs manual activities directed by project foreman including; material loading/unloading, installation, relocation, demolition and organization.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Unload/load/move material such as sheet metal, piping, boxes, carts, trash, dollies, containers.
- Plan most efficient route for moving of material safely and effectively
- Participate in the Stretch and Flex program
- Take direction from Foreman and other crew members on daily tasks
- Maintain tools, equipment, and supplies in an orderly condition.
- Must have basic knowledge of construction hand tools
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to various jobsites
- Must adhere to safety protocol
- At least 6 months of construction experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to take direction and perform job with limited supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to follow safety regulations
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
WORKING CONDITIIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS
- Work involves exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves extensive exposure to construction, mechanical and electrical-related hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Extensive physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and extensive standing and walking.
- Work requires local and occasional out-of-town travel to job sites and customer locations.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and scaffolds and to negotiate work areas under construction.
- Moderate exposure to heights may be required.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
At McKenney’s we know people are vital to our success. We offer employees a competitive salary and generous benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, disability benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a positive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.