Mc Kenney's Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Sheet Metal Workers
at Mc Kenney's Inc.
# of openings:
Would you like to build your career with a construction industry leader? Are you interested in working with your hands and being able to see the results of your work contribute to the growing Atlanta skyline? Are you an experienced tradesperson who is interested in an exciting career in the mechanical trades? If you are not afraid of hard work, flexible hours and being exposed to variable weather conditions, McKenney's wants you to consider joining our team of stellar construction trades employees. As one of Atlanta’s Best Place to Work, our 70-year-old company offers many rewards to those who rise to the challenge.
Works as a crew member who must take direction from foremen and train and guide apprentices and helpers on installation, demolition of mechanical system components, and moving of material.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a safe working practices throughout all activities.
- Takes direction on installation of duct and piping systems.
- Trains and directs apprentices and helpers on proper work practices
- Loads/unloads/moves material such as sheet metal, piping, boxes, carts, trash, dollies, containers.
- Reads and understands project documents such as prints and specifications
- Plans for the most efficient method of installing duct and piping systems
- Participates in the Stretch and Flex program
- Understands the safe effective operation of all necessary tools
- Looks for and communicates any safety issues with the foreman in each work area throughout the day
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to various jobsites
- Must adhere to safety protocol
- Must have extensive knowledge of construction hand tools
- Must have at least 5 years of Apprentice School or a Technical School degree, or a 5-year combination of Journeyman-level MEP trades experience
- At least 4 years of construction experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to take direction and perform job with limited supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to follow safety regulations
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
WORKING CONDITIIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS
- Work involves exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves extensive exposure to construction, mechanical and electrical-related hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Extensive physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and extensive standing and walking.
- Work requires local and occasional out-of-town travel to job sites and customer locations.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and scaffolds and to negotiate work areas under construction.
- Moderate exposure to heights may be required.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
At McKenney’s we know people are vital to our success. We offer employees a competitive salary and generous benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, disability benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a positive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.