Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Field Marketing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
The McDonald’s team is looking for a high energy, marketing professional with an unwavering focus on business outcomes to own the development of Co-Op specific marketing plans, AND the local execution of the national marketing plan within assigned local coop geography to profitably build sales, transactions, and cash flow for the company and Owner/Operator restaurants.
Key customers include McDonald’s Field Office Management, Co-op Owner/Operators, Field Office Staff and Restaurant Management within the assigned geography.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• We will require a BA/BS in Marketing or Communications.
• You will have at least 5+ years of Field Marketing or advertising agency experience.
• We recommend you have QSR, Restaurant Services Client, industry advertising or public relations agency experience for this role.
• You have strong computer, written, and verbal communication skills.
• We need this person to have a firm understanding of excel, business analytics, business case development and social media.
• You are willing to travel frequently within Field Office geography and occasional travel in the domestic US.
• Maintains and strengthens the McDonald's brand position (sales, transactions and cash flow) in their assigned geography and other areas of responsibility.
• Communicates national and field office plans and priorities and partners with local agencies and owner operators to build and monitor Co-op plans that are aligned to the overall business plan.
• Strategic planning/alignment, tactical development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of Co-Op marketing plans/resources (includes advertising, promotion and public relations) to achieve annual Co-Op goals. Leads this process if assigned Co-Ops independently.
• Tracks performance of coop marketing plan priorities weekly, monthly, etc. and facilitates appropriate adjustments
• Manages agencies in the development of creative strategies/briefs
• Manages development and execution of local creative (TV, radio, outdoor, print, and restaurant merchandising, etc.) in accordance with the regional creative process and national creative standards.
• Manages the process for development, execution and evaluation of local media plans in assigned Co-Ops
• Ensures optimized merchandising execution within assigned Coops
• Maximizes success of the system plan by ensuring Owner/Operator understanding and advocacy for the national marketing plan by securing coop votes and providing continuous input and feedback to Field Office, and National Management.
• We want you to provide a leadership points of view, build strong relationships and cultivate teamwork among Owner Operators, Agencies, Suppliers and Staff to achieve maximum performance.
• You will manage the day-to-day work flow of the McDonalds Co-Op agencies.
• In partnership with Co-Op leadership, you will hold agencies accountable for deliverables within approved scope, through formal and informal agency performance reviews.
• You will need to gather, analyze, and provide accurate, relevant, and timely inputs to support the development of local agency recommendations to Owner Operators, allowing them to make informed and confident decisions.
• Interpret and evaluate information related to sales, P&L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research.
Manager, Field Marketing